To those who like to kill on the side

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I really dislike is that it's legal to hunt a miriad of animals ( or people go out and do it anyway even when it's not ) but the moment the tides turn and someone gets killed by say a crocodile or shark, majority of us are up in arms! Oh no this cannot be, we must take revenge on this single animal who was following it's instincts (and who knows, probably a few more along the way aswell!), how dare this creature that is millions of years our superiour put that minute dint in our population. :rolleyes:

You have some very good points there Vixen, i totally agree :)

I don't think the animals would really class it as rape though, just a necessary act. I don't see any female animals hiding away and never coming out because they are mentally scarred by being bred with.

Also I don't believe cannibalism or eating young is that common? Maybe if the animals are already dead, very ill, the mother is too stressed or there is some upheaval happening? A healthy and stable mother or group of animals would rarely kill their own young.

As for eating their own excrement - I think alot of people would do this as well because they are apparently Gods gift to the Earth and their **** don't stink. :lol:

I agree with you, as I am not saying that these acts are always unnecessary by any means - I was merely trying to point out that animals are not as loyal, innocent and selfless as some may think.

This is getting off topic though now, so I apologise.

Let's not forget: animals rape each other, indulge in cannibalism, eat their own young, eat their own excrement etc. etc. ;)
did you even look up why many animals eat their own excrement? there is a good reason for it. cannibalism and eating their own young is all a survival thing.

nathacl: You are one very disturbing person... fist u wanna kill a human and now u bring up some very ... interesting information :S

Living in rural Qld surely you have seen the damage introduced species such as feral pigs, feral goats, foxes and rabbits can and are doing to the environment. And YES i happily go hunting (with dogs or guns) and kill as many of these pests as possible. i dont know how you can compare killing an introduced feral animal to our native wildlife. Im dumbfounded by your ignorance.

just putting it out there im not a murderous sociopath or anything was just saying earthlings original post was stupid, basically saying humans suck so why kill animals.

and dont all pretend like you havent wanted to kill someone before.

and the rape thing is just a fact.

so snakegirl i dont think im a disturbing person i just think people are over sensitive and way to PC

did you even look up why many animals eat their own excrement? there is a good reason for it. cannibalism and eating their own young is all a survival thing.

Once again, I have not touched on the motivation behind such behaviours and I did not state that it is unnecessary - see my above post.

And that's any worse than what humans are capable of and carry out? I fail to see your point. =)

i wasnt comparing to humans i was just de-validating (is that a word?) your previous point that animals dont rape just procreate. as stated off topic

nathancl: cannot really say i have ever wanted to kill anyone... people do some stupid and horrible things, but that is not an excuse to wanna kill them... I dont think there is an excuse to kill someone

Oh I certainly agree with that, but I still contend that they are not capable of the great evils that our species are.

My first post clearly did not come across as intended. What I was trying to get across is that animals are not morally superior to humans. You have however, hit the nail on the head: "not capable."

That's why I like animals, they don't have the capacity to love something, then hate it in a second later if something doesn't go their way. They don't cheat, they don't lie, they aren't obsessed or controlled by this material figure we call money, they hunt to eat - not for fun, and their population stays in check and doesn't boom out of control (when human interference isn't involved - ie introduced species).

Animals are not capable of lying, cheating or becoming obsessed with money as they are not as advanced as we are. The human race as a whole is not more vile, evil or disgusting than other species are - we are simply more advanced and powerful.

snakegirl relax there is sarcasm in what i am saying im merely taking the piss out of the original post to which i got the message of if you hunt for conservation then you should hunt humans lol.

im not going to kill anyone, its ok to unlock the door

haha ok.. Sarcasm is hard to show on the internet, you should take that into account ;)

I suppose you may have a point there... but i still dont think it is right, animals killing humans cause we go in their territory is fair enough, animals killing animals is the way of life, but humans killing humans is something that we have matured to know is just wrong. We try to be more civalized then animals, but if we murdered each other then we are no better then them, no matter how many things we invent we are still no better then uncivilized cavemen.

And, i am think i might just keep it locked thankyou :)

Why is it that I continually read the exploits of people who enjoy and keep snakes/herps and also condemn those who kill snakes, yet at the same time these same people, actively hold a gun in their hands and actively search for other species of animals to kill and then kill them?
These same people will spruik the usual dialogue of:
Snakes are part of our environment
Snakes have feelings too
Snakes are misunderstood

Of course these killers will usually promote the conservation value of their killing. If this conservation value is truly part of their belief system, then why is the most major destructive species on this planet not part of that argument and also killed by them? Humans are one of the most destructive species on the planet, yet the conservation argument suddenly becomes null and void.
Why?
Because we are better than another animal?
Surely you are not that arrogant...

Copied from Wiki:
‘According to a 1998 survey of 400 biologists conducted by New York's American Museum of Natural History, nearly 70 percent believed that they were currently in the early stages of a human-caused extinction,[30] known as the Holocene extinction. In that survey, the same proportion of respondents agreed with the prediction that up to 20 percent of all living populations could become extinct within 30 years (by 2028). Biologist E. O. Wilson estimated [5] in 2002 that if current rates of human destruction of the biosphere continue, one-half of all species of life on earth will be extinct in 100 years.[31] More significantly the rate of species extinctions at present is estimated at 100 to 1000 times "background" or average extinction rates in the evolutionary time scale of planet Earth.[32]

I argue that a species that causes this much destruction is not any ‘better’ than any other species. On the contrary it could be argued that IT IS WORSE if you used the ‘conservation’ argument that killers usually promote to justify their past times.

I spruik:
“Killing a snake is bad
A snake is an animal.
Therefore, killing an animal is bad.”

Earthlings who like to kill as an enjoyable past time and can still justify their killing, please reread the above, breath, relax and then tell me where my argument fails.

Man that is deep real deep.....makes me wonder about the funky bacca

haha ok.. Sarcasm is hard to show on the internet, you should take that into account ;)

I suppose you may have a point there... but i still dont think it is right, animals killing humans cause we go in their territory is fair enough, animals killing animals is the way of life, but humans killing humans is something that we have matured to know is just wrong. We try to be more civalized then animals, but if we murdered each other then we are no better then them, no matter how many things we invent we are still no better then uncivilized cavemen.

There we go again, the consensus that we are somehow 'better'. I don't see that point anyway, as animals kill each other for food and survival. Humans kill out of hate, jealousy etc, the two aren't comparable.

I am not saying that we are better, i am saying that we know better. There is a difference. For animals it is their insticts for us it is just because we feel like it, whether out of pure rage or something that you have planned down to the last detail, we still know better. Animals need to kill each other for their suvival, and we have learnt to live with each other without having to fight for the best peices of land or food. Yes, sometimes we deprive each other of it but our Governments try not to let that happen.

Once again i may stress that I did not say we are better then them exactly, but i said we know better then them

at the end of the day people eat meat infact most people eat meat u whine about people hunting game animals however dont mention fishing most hunters will kill for food and those who shoot for fun kill pest animals as there are laws stateing what can legally e shot when ect.

however a fisherman has no control over what they hook and bring in most undersized fish returned to water have broken jaws ect ect qand would be eaten/die anyway and more people fish for fun then rural hunters.

as far as why not kill fellow humans well why hon ?? its the law if it wasnt im sure i could garrentee you ALOT more people would be killed for whatever reasons lest of all the thrill of hunting somethiing as smart as yourself.

if you wannna kill something and eat it go for it u wanna stop humans from being exempt by all means go for it aslong as you eat those to dont see a waste.

everybody will have their own opinions no matter how retarded other people may think they are and people will belive in extreemes of eaa side.

personally i couldnt really care ither way i fish shore and deepsea, i have also been spearfishing, hunting for rabbits ect with high powered slingshots and compound bows when i was younger on my grandparrents property (if we got something we ate it).

snake is ment to taste pretty good cant say as i have tryed it tho lol ea to there own every culture also has its on moral belifes on this subject aswell alot of asian cultures will eat cats and dogs as there more readilly available yet in aaustralia you would end up in jail go and most asian ****rys are 100x more electronically advanced then australia so who is more civilised?? once again all opinion biased

interesting arguement but it is one that has no end

There we go again, the consensus that we are somehow 'better'. I don't see that point anyway, as animals kill each other for food and survival. Humans kill out of hate, jealousy etc, the two aren't comparable.

Of course we are "somehow better!"

Do you believe that it would be okay to breed humans for food as we do with cattle, sheep and poultry?

I'm a hunter. Pigs, rabbits, roos and occasionally deer. Mostly pigs. I can tell you right now, going after a pig with a couple of dogs and a knife is a huge adrenaline rush and also great fun. We don't eat the pigs that we kill (wild pigs are often full of worms and other nasty parasites), but we always kill clean and fast. And yes, we do it for a bit of fun but I wholly believe in the conservation part of it.
And for anyone who is going to say that hunting with dogs is cruel, we have never lost a dog and having trained dogs hanging off the pigs ear is no different to what happens in the wild. At least when we get there, the kill is quick and not drawn out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back