To those who like to kill on the side

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since fishing has now been braught into it, i practice alot of catch and release(dont really eat fish) and at one stage was involved in a tagging program. I dont like the fact this practice is also frowned apon by UNEDUCATED people. Cons of this practice are sticking a yellow bit of plastic in a fish (possible fish losses), Pros are we can actively manage our fish stocks and work out how to better manage them @ a sustainable level. Comercial fishermen seem to do more damage than rec anglers.
Shooting to me is no diferant to fishing its just the weopen that varies. They can all be used irisponsibly and in extremes but it seems the majority comply and are reasonable about what they catch and kill. Its the cowboys in any situation that get all the attention and reck it for everyone else.

There is the old saying that 10% of anglers catch 90% of the fish and it seems to ring true so i reckon our native fish are safe.

Of course we are "somehow better!"

Do you believe that it would be okay to breed humans for food as we do with cattle, sheep and poultry?

My point is that we are only better because we believe ourselves to be. I won't comment on the breeding humans for food, but an animal wouldn't have a problem with it if it gives them something to eat. Get it? We would care but an animal wouldn't, doesn't make us any more right really. It's opinion vs opinion.

I think Loonytoon summed it up: Interesting argument but one that has no end!

My point is that we are only better because we believe ourselves to be. I won't comment on the breeding humans for food, but an animal wouldn't have a problem with it if it gives them something to eat. Get it? We would care but an animal wouldn't, doesn't make us any more right really. It's opinion vs opinion.

I think Loonytoon summed it up: Interesting argument but one that has no end!

I'm not sure if you get it: of course an animal would not care as they are simply not capable of that level of thought! The cognitive abilities of the majority of animals in comparison to humans is quite poor to say the least. There are mountains of evidence to substantiate all of this - it isn't simply because "we believe ourselves to be."

We shall have to agree to disagree, but I honestly think it is absolutely ridiculous to place animals on the same level as humans - it's simply illogical.

Oh I certainly agree with that, but I still contend that they are not capable of the great evils that our species are.

If humans were void of a conscience then the actions would not be evil, it would just be natural behaviour.
Animals are not capable of rape they don't even know what it is.

I have decided to close this thread. We always have to have someone, start controversial threads that lead to arguing. They seem to only post once every few months and has to be something to get people up in arms............ :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back