To wiggle or not to wiggle?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

montysrainbow

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Do you wiggle your snakes food at feed times, or place it in the enclosure? i wiggle for Monty because thats how he rolls however Gorgoo i just place his pinky on his hide and he slowly makes his way down and gobbles it up. The lady i purchased Gorgoo from had snakes all her life and seemed like she knew what she was talking about told me she has never wiggled because the snake then thinks that each time your hand go's in its feed time....she mentioned motion senses or something lol apparently for all hers big and small have always had their feeds placed in not wiggled. Anyway i am just curious as to what you all do. Im a bit of both :)

I use tweezers or hemostat to hold by the tail & back legs and then I I just kind of dangle it over the head of my snakes. If they don't notice right away (very rare) then I'll jiggle it a bit. Most often they see it and strike, wrap and squeeze for about 10 minutes before swallowing. Both of them do this, but on one occasion my hatchy wasn't interested so I just placed it and walked away. Came back 15minutes later and it was eaten. I feed outside the enclosures and they're Children's if that makes any difference. *shrug*

Don't usually need to wiggle, they'll nail it soon as it is offered usually. Sometimes my biggest one if he smells it defrosting barely lets me get it in the enclosure before he smashes it lol, he'll be waiting at the door for it.

In the words of LMFAO...
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!
Usually I don't have to for my bigger guys, as soon as they hit the feeding tub, they're ready to go. But for my Albino Darwin, if he isn't interested I touch him on the neck with it or move it a bit...

i use tweezers and hold the back legs and dangle the food over the girl sometimes a bit of a jiggle\wiggle if i have a second one for her ill just place that in the enclosure whilst shes eating the first if i come back later and the second one is still around i take it out re warm it with some warm water and dangle it and then bam its gone that's only happened once so far tho.

They see me coming...

I get the food out of the bucket... they start to stir

They watch me dry off the rats with paper towels...

I pick up the rats with tweezers.... open the enclosure

I then hope they don't miss... end of feeding time.

No wiggling envolved... well maybe the enclosure as the big jungle tags the rat and quickly coils (forcefull enough to give the enclosure a bit of a shake)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back