Trangender/ freaks? Too young?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, well after just spending quite some time reading through all the posts to this thread i am going to add my own reply.

I am an openly gay male, god forbid i offend anyone by being so open about it (Horserule/Shane13)!

Now i am not surprised to hear opinions such as Horserule's and Shane13's. i have had to deal with judgments and taunts from people like them all my life. I am one of the lucky ones, one of those who after so many years of trying to suppress who i am realised there was no use in fighting it, otherwise i would have ended up being a suicide statistic.

i was brought up in an anti gay household. there are a number of incidents that i remember vividly, my dad turning the tv off when there were gays on it, he wouldnt just change the channel..... he would turn the TV off! my mother telling me i shouldnt hang around with a student at school that i told her was gay. i can assure you horserules that this type of behaviour was ALOT more dmaging to my psychology than having 2 parents who were accepting and supportive of me. i came out when i was 18, i kept it secret till this time because at this age i had become independent enough to be able to fend for myself. yes, i was kicked out of home, the inevitable happened.

i have grown up to be very level headed and openminded. my parents also have started changing in their ways. it has taken over 6 years for my parents to enter into a discussion about it. i am still not allowed to stay at their house with my partner. i am not even allowed to hold his hand in their presence. but i know that in years to come it wont be such an issue. they will see that we are in love, and happy together. so i agree that it does take discussions like this to change peoples views or at least educate them.

as for horserules saying it a choice?!?!?!?! where did you come up with that? do you honestly think i or any other GLBT (Gay Lesbian Bi-sexual or Transgendered) person would CHOOSE to live a life of continual judgment, having to keep it a secret to many ppl is wrong. i shouldnt have to fear for my safety whhile walkin the streets at night hand in hand with my partner.

As for them just being children and supposedly not knowing what they want? i have a friend who is post op transgender. she knew from the age of around 4 that she was not ''normal''. she would always want the barbies and dolls, dresses and such. her mother tried to suppress this and buy her boys toys. her dad on the other hand supported her and provided her with such toys. when she was in her teens her mother finally accepted this. when she was 18 she underwent surgery. she is one of the most amazing people i know. her story is amazing, what i have told is nothing to what she has been through.

and about me trying to ''influence'' those ''normal'' people, and be ''disrespectful'' by being true to myself and maybe taking my partner to a family BBQ...... i wouldnt find it disgusting or insulting if you and your partner where to display affection publicly and in view of myself. so why would you? i am not trying to convert anybody...... it is not going to make someone gay by seeing me with my boyfriend...... such a view just doesnt make sense.

anyways, ill sit back and read the replies to my post

Thanks for your post Jay84. It's not often that you get to hear/read stories like yours, and whilst it might not change peoples' opinions, it certainly allows the opportunity for it.

horserule, you might want to listen to what Jay84 is telling you.

thankyou notechistiger,

what i wrote is obviously just an overview of mine and my friends story. if i was to go into detail describing everything my eyes would go fuzzy from lookin at the screen and my fingers sore from typing! lol

im interested to read what horserule and shane13 have to reply. if others have opinions or questions please add them

:)

seeing that 'boy' and how he really wanted to be a girl how someone as a perent deny that and let your kid grow up hating life and not fitting in

i think those parents did the right thing for there kid

thanks for sharing Jay84 and i am glad you were honest with yourself and not end up another statistic.. keep it real and stay golden lad - you are more of a man than many i know!

I have a friend whose in her 60s and whose refurbished waterworks are one year older than me - she claims she knew before she started school. Started saving for her surgery with her first job at 16.

Wow i just find that astounding.

I honestly couldn't imagine how hard being trans would be. Wanting to be something so bad but knowing you'll never truly achieve it. That would be such a hard thing to deal with.

I'm also astonished that this thread is still going after 10 pages without being locked. Jesus it hasn't even needed a mod to edit any posts! This isn't like APS at all lol. Perhaps there is a chance for world peace ofter all. ;)

That depends if you believe everything is determined by genetics or like me you believe some is determined by genetics and the rest is determined by a childs life experiences and education.

I really hope that your kids(if you have any or ever have them) dont turn out to be gay because with an attitude like that they would no dout be turned from the family with pitch forks at their backs!!! shame on you as nearly everyone else has said - narrow minded and nasty.

I wonder how many cross dressing kids there are in Iran or Afghanistan or Pakistan ? Or for that matter any islamic country??

hahah your kidding right? do some reaserch there are many coltures in history that have wives and male lovers and that dates back to BC!!

good on you for telling us!! thanks.

OK, well after just spending quite some time reading through all the posts to this thread i am going to add my own reply.

I am an openly gay male, god forbid i offend anyone by being so open about it (Horserule/Shane13)!

Now i am not surprised to hear opinions such as Horserule's and Shane13's. i have had to deal with judgments and taunts from people like them all my life. I am one of the lucky ones, one of those who after so many years of trying to suppress who i am realised there was no use in fighting it, otherwise i would have ended up being a suicide statistic.

i was brought up in an anti gay household. there are a number of incidents that i remember vividly, my dad turning the tv off when there were gays on it, he wouldnt just change the channel..... he would turn the TV off! my mother telling me i shouldnt hang around with a student at school that i told her was gay. i can assure you horserules that this type of behaviour was ALOT more dmaging to my psychology than having 2 parents who were accepting and supportive of me. i came out when i was 18, i kept it secret till this time because at this age i had become independent enough to be able to fend for myself. yes, i was kicked out of home, the inevitable happened.

i have grown up to be very level headed and openminded. my parents also have started changing in their ways. it has taken over 6 years for my parents to enter into a discussion about it. i am still not allowed to stay at their house with my partner. i am not even allowed to hold his hand in their presence. but i know that in years to come it wont be such an issue. they will see that we are in love, and happy together. so i agree that it does take discussions like this to change peoples views or at least educate them.

as for horserules saying it a choice?!?!?!?! where did you come up with that? do you honestly think i or any other GLBT (Gay Lesbian Bi-sexual or Transgendered) person would CHOOSE to live a life of continual judgment, having to keep it a secret to many ppl is wrong. i shouldnt have to fear for my safety whhile walkin the streets at night hand in hand with my partner.

As for them just being children and supposedly not knowing what they want? i have a friend who is post op transgender. she knew from the age of around 4 that she was not ''normal''. she would always want the barbies and dolls, dresses and such. her mother tried to suppress this and buy her boys toys. her dad on the other hand supported her and provided her with such toys. when she was in her teens her mother finally accepted this. when she was 18 she underwent surgery. she is one of the most amazing people i know. her story is amazing, what i have told is nothing to what she has been through.

and about me trying to ''influence'' those ''normal'' people, and be ''disrespectful'' by being true to myself and maybe taking my partner to a family BBQ...... i wouldnt find it disgusting or insulting if you and your partner where to display affection publicly and in view of myself. so why would you? i am not trying to convert anybody...... it is not going to make someone gay by seeing me with my boyfriend...... such a view just doesnt make sense.

Heres a few truths, apart from the reassignment operati\ion transgender is a physical genetic and chromozonal variation. Its not a psychological condition in the main. Most "other" societies had worked that out a long time ago and you'll find in Indian, Chinese and many other Asian cultures it was not only accepted but a part of general life. Native North American culture also embraced it as a part of life. In Iran and Iraq itwas commonplace for many centuries. In Afghanistan Sir Richard Burton spied by working in a brothel there. There where no women in the brothel.
Transgender is not homosexuality. They are not exclusive but they are not the same thing. ecent studies have shown that homosexuality is also genetic and that it is not necessarily a mutation but a genetic trait that stretches back as far as we do.
Im my life I have met many people who's sexuality is not Fred Nile and the one common thread that binds them is the hostility and hatred they have had to deal with. Often from their own families.
One thing tnat I will always do is leave the path open for my children to be what they are and I will always love them no matter what unless they become clowns then they are on their own.

I feel sorry for your family.

I hope you respect them and dont "hold hands in there presence"

You have some serious issues.

Thanks Peter, some interesting facts.

It astonishes me that my views are so offensive to many of you pro gay pro transgender supporters.

The fact of the matter my views are shared by a large population of this country. So if you trully believe i am a one of or a rare type then you need to get out more often.

I have said nothing hatefull, or anything other than a alternative view which for many of you is apperantly narrow minded or "homophobic" but the reality it isnt.

1. I dont treat people any different regardless of there gender whilst at work, out etc
2. I dont go telling them my views to there faces UNLIKE the alternative
3. I dont have any isssue just an alternative view that many of you dont like
4. The more pro gay pro transgender people try and enforce upon people that our beliefs are wrong the more you are going to get resistance in society

Wow. You truly are a terrible terrible person. What a stupid thing to say. Get a life and open your mind up a little bit.
How about they respect him and his life style?

Not at all terrible, just again an alternative view.

Not at all stupid i empathise with his family.

They clearly do respect him and his lifestyle otherwise they would not continue to talk to him. He needs to respect what he does or who he brings into there private house.

If they dont want that kind of behaviour in there house they are 100% entitled to not have it. Its there house.

I feel sorry for your family.

I hope you respect them and dont "hold hands in there presence"

Not at all terrible, just again an alternative view.

Not at all stupid i empathise with his family.

They clearly do respect him and his lifestyle otherwise they would not continue to talk to him. He needs to respect what he does or who he brings into there private house.

If they dont want that kind of behaviour in there house they are 100% entitled to not have it. Its there house.

"Alternative view" is one way to put it, I'd put it another way, but i'd be suspended.

You empathize with his family because they put him through hell for something he cannot control? Smart.

It isn't a "kind of behavior" it is a relationship. It may be their house but they are family. Holding hands? Come on. As narrow minded and ignorant as you are, you should know that is ridiculous.

"Alternative view" is one way to put it, I'd put it another way, but i'd be suspended.

You empathize with his family because they put him through hell for something he cannot control? Smart.

It isn't a "kind of behavior" it is a relationship. It may be their house but they are family. Holding hands? Come on. As narrow minded and ignorant as you are, you should know that is ridiculous.

I empathise with his family because this must have violated all there values and views. And i can relate to that.

It would have been very hard for them to have to deal with.

I empathise with his family because this must have violated all there values and views. And i can relate to that.

It would have been very hard for them to have to deal with.

I am guessing it would have been A LOT harder for him to deal with them, and people like you. This isn't the 1950's, times have changed and people change with them, some people clearly don't change. You seem to have an oldschool/ignorant way of thinking. I suppose you cook all the meals and clean the house by yourself every day? Have the beer opened for the partner when he comes home? You should, it's your beliefs isn't it?

The more pro gay pro transgender people try and enforce upon people that our beliefs are wrong the more you are going to get resistance in society
You are very funny man, horsesrule! Its the 21st century, I don't think anybody really takes you seriously.:p:):):)

True, those people often come doorknocking and try to enforce their views. Trying to get me to go to their bars and join the Rainbow Alliance. Sometimes they do outrageous exhibitions of gayness, like hold hands, in an effort to pollute my mind and convert me. :D:D:D

And I still am interested to see the statistic that most Australians don't tolerate homosexuality (and please nothing from small pockets of North Qld or the 1950s).

Anyway, I can relate to a lot of this, as I am a young muscly bi adult trapped in the body of a fat middle aged heterosexual.:oops::oops:

It astonishes me that my views are so offensive to many of you pro gay pro transgender supporters.

The fact of the matter my views are shared by a large population of this country. So if you trully believe i am a one of or a rare type then you need to get out more often.

I have said nothing hatefull, or anything other than a alternative view which for many of you is apperantly narrow minded or "homophobic" but the reality it isnt.

1. I dont treat people any different regardless of there gender whilst at work, out etc
2. I dont go telling them my views to there faces UNLIKE the alternative
3. I dont have any isssue just an alternative view that many of you dont like
4. The more pro gay pro transgender people try and enforce upon people that our beliefs are wrong the more you are going to get resistance in society

it is called tolerance - what you previously said before this post was insensitive.

you generalise, you promote hatred and intolerance, and set humanity back a 100 years - yes you are entitled to your opinion but please keep it to yourself if you have nothing nice to say.

your views are simply offensive and if educated you'd understand that they are homophobic.

i very offended and ashamed... i am sorry that you feel this way - maybe you have been scorned in the past i am not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back