Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been bitten with feeding bites from 2 common tree snakes, while it didnt hurt as much a venomous green ant, i did notice the back teeth chewing in and their slicing action. Was actually quite amusing, initially the bite felt much like a python but then when they start to pull and chew you start to understand why they are able to nail frogs effectively. Would prefer a feeding bite from a python the same length, but a tree snakes defensive bites are less harmful than their stink defence(which is also over rated).

As mentioned they are not harmful to humans and IMO are the best snakes we are allowed to keep that cant kill you.

Don't you just love it when a thread comes together. Excellent read even the second time around.

www.qm.qld.gov.au/inquiry/factsheets/leaflet0020.pdf

That fact sheet was written 10 years ago - Bryan published his findings only a couple of years ago.

I think a lot of people are misunderstanding the situation. Green Tree Snakes ARE venomous, just like Pythons have hind limbs - it may not be very obvious, and it may be useless (on humans), but there's no denying that it exists.

green tree snakes are harmless

Dont snort them...
W020061221568601975251.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back