Tropical Cyclone Hamish

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though Hamish has been downgraded from a 5 for those who cant imagine or have forgotten what destruction can be done have a look at this link of a few pics of cyclone Tracy which was a Cat 5 and hit Darwin christmas day

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclone_Tracy

80% of houses where completly destroyed and nothing remained undamaged.

Have a look a the steel phone pole and house girders if you never knew the power of wind.

This is something to think about for those that wish cyclones to happen, if you want the rain you take what comes with it to.

Even though Hamish has been downgraded from a 5 for those who cant imagine or have forgotten what destruction can be done have a look at this link of a few pics of cyclone Tracy which was a Cat 5 and hit Darwin christmas day

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclone_Tracy

80% of houses where completly destroyed and nothing remained undamaged.

Have a look a the steel phone pole and house girders if you never knew the power of wind.

This is something to think about for those that wish cyclones to happen, if you want the rain you take what comes with it to.

Wow, that's amazing aye, can't beat mother nature! Glad he's no longer a cat 5, it wont increase now as it's in the cooler waters.
Just went out to the coast
It's looking good! Bloody windy, at high tide water has washed sand up through the car park and a bit down onto the road, the stairs down to the beach are now a wheel chair ramp!
Will upload some pics shortly.

got heavy wind and mild rain here in 8 mile plains (where i work)

getting darker.

Good that people were prepared for the worst, but there was never anything in that. Even from the outset, it did exactly the opposite of what a threatening cyclone would do. Despite the media screaming that it was a mimic of the cyclone that caused the 74 floods in Brisbane....

I think only surfers and fishos truly understand coastal weather. And understand the 8ft+ mush we'll be stuck with tomorrow...

Here are some pics I just took, as the cyclone's passing by us...noticed outside was very pink and grabbed these shots. No editing what so ever, this is what my camera captured.

Last edited:
Bom says it will turn around and head back up north.... although I've checked it twice over the course of the night and both times the direction in which it turned changed. Makes me wonder whether it will turn at all.

Where on the Sunshine Coast are you Fuscus? My parents are in Mooloolah and my brother and his partner and kids are in Caloundra....

Ahhh, I used to live right near chambers island. I'll give them all a call later, see how they are doing... I lived there for 6 years and never saw one come close, they get all the fun!

pics of Maroochy river this morning outside my place . This is just a king-tide, I don't think the blow affected the water level. BOY am I glad it missed.

Attachments

• DSC_2289.JPG
    DSC_2289.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC_2293.JPG
    DSC_2293.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC_2302.JPG
    DSC_2302.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 58
Status
Not open for further replies.