turtle not eating feeder fish?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah you can use fish as bait and everything, so I see no reason this would be illegal?

Its animal cruelty to feed a living animal to another animal in your control. In qld it is under the animal care and protection act, it would be under whatever laws you have for animal cruelty in your state. There are generally special exemptions for fishing, which would otherwise be illegal animal cruelty if it wasnt so popular as it is obviously far more cruel to use a fish as live bait. Legally feeding live kittens to a scrub python is the same as feeding live fish to a turtle(in most states anyway).

Its animal cruelty to feed a living animal to another animal in your control. In qld it is under the animal care and protection act, it would be under whatever laws you have for animal cruelty in your state. There are generally special exemptions for fishing, which would otherwise be illegal animal cruelty if it wasnt so popular as it is obviously far more cruel to use a fish as live bait. Legally feeding live kittens to a scrub python is the same as feeding live fish to a turtle(in most states anyway).

Nice one on the emotive language use ;)

I'm not a fan of fishing either tho BTW for that reason...

Have you considered trying anchovie, chocolate chip pizza?
Iv heard Turtles like that.

my short neck is to slow to catch my feeder fish so if i really want to give my turtle some feeder fish i just kill them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back