Turtle Thread

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_0019.jpgIMG_0018.jpgok this is Squirtle he is new to the family and untile he gets bigger this is his home and he seems to love it in his 2 1/2 foot tank. as u can see he has a heater and filter tlus his uv light two docking areas plants and feeder fish swimming around.we got him on sunday just gone.

christmas 2010 073.jpgdragon central 042.jpg Good idea linking in with the freshwater turtle site Craig's caresheets are awsome...One other thing you'll need is a dock hey :D great place to train them to eat so they don't dirty up the water as much, they're shy at first but they will eat up there eventually...I've changed my tank a bit since the pic so I'll try get some new pics for you with their hide tunnels etc...Good luck!

Pacer has trashed her tank again so not putting up any pics right now.....

I will suggest spend money on a really good filter that is for a bigger tank then what you have. They're messy sods. I buy plantss for madam to trash and eat. Gives her soemthing to do for a little while.

Love the outdoor set ups and definitely getting some ideas for when Pacer gets a little bigger, although she's not far off going outside now.

The hatchy tank- 2ft. I regret buying a tank so small, and wish I'd gone straight to at least 4ft- they seem to love the space, provided you still provide hiding spots, warmth and a good basking spot. Also note that this layout in this piccy didn't have anywhere for the turt to really hide- they do need places to hide
Turttanks043.jpg

First upgrade- 4ft tank (approx 150L capacity)
Turttanks088.jpg

Turttanks087.jpg

Turttanks067.jpg

second upgrade- 4ft x 2ft x 2ft tank (400L capacity)
Turttanks108.jpg

Turttanks089.jpg

Turttanks009.jpg

he's now in a ~700L custom bath outside, which I don't really have any new pictures of, sorry!

Wow! These have given me so many Ideas! I'm thinking of two ESN which will start off indoors and when me and my bro have spare creativity/time we will set up an outdoor pond ;) Loving the pics! Keep them coming people!

MARY RIVER TURTLES :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
the grass thing on their head looks AWESOME lol just ask local petshop on what the best setup would be .......if there helpful

do all turtles need to be put in an outdoor enclosure or can they be kept inside?

we used to have our two adult turtles (one passed away) in an out door pond that was in the ground and had big rocks and everything in there and it looked great but one day on of them managed to get out and wandered away and didnt get found for two weeks so i recommend if you have it in the ground have either chicken wire over the top or garden edging around the edge. a better way would be the have it out of the ground. now we have the one adult turtle thats left in a bath that my parents got from the business that they own (a tile business) because it arrived with a tiny chip. it looks pretty boring but u can make it look really good with plants around it and we have rocks in there so it can get into the sun and dry off. you just need to make sure that the plug has room to drain and its easy as to clean. and my two baby ones are in an indoor tank ill post photos tomorrow.

Yurtle..jpgYurtle.jpg this is my big turtle Yurtle right after i cleaned out his bath on Saturday. he loves it. and you can put plants around the bath and on the bath corner to make it less boring. i have it proped up on bricks so the water can drain out and i just wacked a bit of hession stuff in front of it to hide the bricks and the under bit of the bath. its average but cheap as

Ruufus..jpgRuufus.jpg this is my baby Ruufus the first day i got him. my bestfriend and i bought it together and now we've had him about 6 or 7 months and he's alot bigger. we also have another that is the same age, had it for about 3 months.

how do u use the bath tubs? do u just put in the plug it comes with to stop the water from coming out? brilliant idea :) i know people who own a tile business who would be more than welcome to give me a bath tub, im so getting a turtle for good now :D i would have heaps of fun creating a pond for a turtle in a bath tub so many ideas i have rushing through my head!

you can see in my pictures i have rocks over the plug. we have two flat rocks side by side with the plug inbetween and then the bigger rock that is visible sits on them two and cover the plug and the turtle can climb up and sun bake on the rock. and in summer if the sun shines fully on the water the water gets algae in it really quickly so we just have a board over the top of half of it which allows the turtle to get sun but the water to stay cleaner for longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back