Twilight Haters

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But is a Titanic love story!!! :p

image002-5.jpg

Well okay I'm thinking some of us are putting way too much time and emotion into something as relatively minor as a series of books and a couple of movies :lol: I'm not saying don't have an opinion, but at the end of the day there are many books out there which hold more potential for damage than these if you really must pick a book to focus so much energy on.

If you read them as what they are - that being teenage fanfiction as someone has previously mentioned - they perhaps aren't too bad. I say perhaps. The one thing that does bother me about them is that it sends a message to authors starting out that the writing process is a total piece of cake and you too can have your own multi-million dollar enterprise on the basis of one dream. In the world of literature, having a dream, writing a few notes about it, deciding that you're bored with taking your kids to swimming lessons and want an outlet, making a few wordy stories out of that one dream, having it be an overnight sensation among your young and impressionable target audience, getting a movie deal for all 4 books and having the first one produced within 5 years of the original dream is an amazingly unlikely scenario. Meyer is the literary equivalent of Britney Spears, she found a niche and filled it, in her case without really meaning to. Writers generally plug away for years and years writing, getting rejected repeately, and some never receive much recognition until after they die.

Oh and the solution of the love triangle would have to be one of the worst uses of deus ex machina I've ever read :lol: It's like she thought "oh damn I'm nearly at the end of the books and we've still got this third wheel and nothing to do with him.....oh I know!.........."

Last edited:
meh, and I thought you meant that beautiful part of the day just before it gets dark ....

hahaah yer
things get us worked up
human nature

lol at
You're not a vampire, your a sparkling douchebag in a tree
ahahahah

i saw new moon 2 weeks ago and i thought it was great. not as good as the book. but i thoouroughly enjoyed it. i for one enjoy the whole twilight series. i am 28... and my 8 yr old dauughter enjoys it all too.

i saw new moon 2 weeks ago and i thought it was great. not as good as the book. but i thoouroughly enjoyed it. i for one enjoy the whole twilight series. i am 28... and my 8 yr old dauughter enjoys it all too.

wrong thread love this is for the haters lol

I think the message is simple, and you guys are missing it! It's all about the person inside, not what you see on the outside!

Clearly Bella can see past and bad wolf breath, the pale pastey complexion of Edward and find something...well....something special!

I think in New Moon it's Edward who's become a little picky! :p :lol:

(Sorry, I was unable to find a good picture of Bella ;))

ShallowEd.jpg

i think most people hate twilight because thats what everyone else is doing. I honestly enjoyed twilight, new moon wasn't as goood, but saying that, i have seen it twice. I think everyone is putting way to much thought into it.

I'm sure you all secretly love it!!! :p

i think most people hate twilight because thats what everyone else is doing. I honestly enjoyed twilight, new moon wasn't as goood, but saying that, i have seen it twice. I think everyone is putting way to much thought into it.

I'm sure you all secretly love it!!! :p

I agree, everyone is jumping on the bandwagon because they think that's what all the cool kids are doing!

Moosenoose it sounds to me like youve quietly got a thing for patterson ;)

I bet you dont say that to your mates at school vege_head!

i dont LOVE twilight or nor am i obsessed. but i did enjoy reading the books and i didnt mind the movies.
i do not understand the obsession with rob pattinson, i dont think he is attractive at all. he looks like he needs a shower.
but i certainly dont hate on the people who enjoy the movie and books.

i dont LOVE twilight or nor am i obsessed. but i did enjoy reading the books and i didnt mind the movies.
i do not understand the obsession with rob pattinson, i dont think he is attractive at all. he looks like he needs a shower.
but i certainly dont hate on the people who enjoy the movie and books.

i agree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back