type of enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

python_guy44

Reaction score
hey all, i was just wondering if anybody here has made or had an enclosure like this. I have never seen one before and thought someone here might of.
trough.JPG

The Americans use this type of set up alot, especially for beardies/dwarf monitors and other desert dwelling lizards like Uromastic lizards.
Dosen't cost much to set up and works really well, but you have to have the room!

Python Pete! I'll have to check out that site again.

Talk to Pythonss.

He has a much better coffee table enclosure than that on ....... maybe he will show you some pictures of it.

Cheers Hawkeye

I have a coffee table that I converted to an aquarium years ago (kept gold fish in it).I wanted to put reptiles into the converted coffee table but couldn't decide what as It dosnt have a heat source and I didnt want a power cord running along the lounge room floor.What does Paul keep in hes?

I also made a picture frame once that was built into the houses wall.It looked like a framed picture hanging off the wall but had a few colourful guppies swimming around in there with a small corner filter and thin plants.And I converted a television into an aquarium that held a few dwarf cichlids...

Greg what will you do for a heat source though?
My problem ATM is not wanting a light globe as it may spoil the view inside being too bright etc,and also not wanting a power cord running along the middle of my lounge room floor.It would be ok if you hid the wiring under your carpet though I guess.So is a heat rock good enough for lizard species? or is there a species I can keep that is rather smallish and dosn't need any extra heat requirements?

hey paul can you post a pic of this coffee table enclosure as i am making an enclosure (for ackies) and am after ideas, the enclosure i posted to start with is good but its not exactly something you want in your living room is it ?

thats what my enclosure looks like at the moment.

ive never heard of a halogen "dichroic". Could you extend on that greg. thanks in advance

jeremy...

OK,kewl Greg.
My thoughts were if using a standard globe that it would blind you when looking into the table.But using a type of focused downlight would fix that.I am still undecided what species to house in mine and whether I would like to use a downlight,heat rock,heat tape or no added heating as of yet.I'll keep you posted and put up a pic when i make my mind up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back