Undersize Water Python?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saximus

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
A friend showed me one of his yearling Water Pythons the other day and he was considerably larger than my girl. She is almost exactly a year old and I have just weighed her at 141g.
I've added a couple of pics to give an idea of size. She's currently on fuzzy rats about to move up to weaners when this bag has run out.

IMG_0395.jpg

IMG_0397.jpg

She looks fine to me. WP's can grow extremely quickly and get well over a metre and several kg in there first year if they are fed a tonne of food. But they can also grow more slowly than that and be just fine.

I'm in a similar boat, my female bhp is small to her age due to feeding problems with her last owner. She is feeding fine now but I am not sure if she will be able to get up to a decent size as she is 3 yrs old now. Unsure whether she will have a spurt with regular feeding or if she will slow down due to her age.

Reptiles in general can be grown slowly over a number of years without a problem... if the snake is holding good weight no matter how long it is, all is good... my water python is only around 1 meter and is around 4 years old...

though mine is calm and friendly :) :) :) :)

Fuzzy rats, Sax?

Well there's your problem.
Anyone will tell you WP's need bleeding human flesh to thrive.:lol:

Problem solved.;)

lol she's getting better so hopefully she won't be getting much of that any more

mine are the same, eat well, and look very healthy but small for there age.. my girl is 2 and lovely, but my boy is a real nasty thing in his cage. i was wondering if it was just mine that seem small, but im relieved to hear that there is others who have smaller ones too..

We can't tell you if they are small if we don't know there size! How big are they?

mine are the same, eat well, and look very healthy but small for there age.. my girl is 2 and lovely, but my boy is a real nasty thing in his cage. i was wondering if it was just mine that seem small, but im relieved to hear that there is others who have smaller ones too..

We can't tell you if they are small if we don't know there size! How big are they?

I dont think they asked if they were small.........they just stated that they are, & that they happy to hear theirs are not the only ones.......
Anyway, she is gorgeous Sax........every bite would be worth it! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back