Unusual 100% Het Darwin

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PimmsPythons

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I'm getting quite excited about this little girl i bred.The mother has a bit of hyponess about her ,but nothing special, and quite a few of the bubs are are losing more black each time they shed ,but not to the extent of this girl.She has just had her third shed and its almost all gone. she should produce some interesting albinos in a few years.
Cheers
Simon

Attachments

• RD0911d.jpg
    RD0911d.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 480
  • RD0911c.jpg
    RD0911c.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 536
  • RD0911b.jpg
    RD0911b.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 560
  • RD0911a.jpg
    RD0911a.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 769
what a hot little animal! will be interesting to follow for sure :)

Wow loosing black with ea shed is weird....shouldn't it be the other way round lol. keep us updated !!

hey good to see the hets are looking better each shed there great looking hatchies speak to you soon

Nice hatchie Simon. Hope it colours up nicely for you. Only 3 sheds in at least 6 months though??? Aren't you feeding her???

Wow loosing black with ea shed is weird....shouldn't it be the other way round lol. keep us updated !!

I know nothing about albino/hypo's but am interested. One of my Bredli hatchies looks quite reduced patterned than all the others so I am curious

it seem to be opposite with these darwins compared to coastals that get more when they get older. the mum is 4 years old and been losing her black as she gets older.

Nice hatchie Simon. Hope it colours up nicely for you. Only 3 sheds in at least 6 months though??? Aren't you feeding her???

3 or 4 sheds .she has only been on fortnightly feeds.
here is another one that has been losing melenin with each shed.

Attachments

• RD0912Female.gif
    RD0912Female.gif
    248.1 KB · Views: 369
Last edited:
how come you are only feeding once a fortnight...i thought you should feed once per week ? (sorry noob here have to ask questions)

Elizabeth

how come you are only feeding once a fortnight...i thought you should feed once per week ? (sorry noob here have to ask questions)

Elizabeth

you should be feeding once a week while they are young but i had bred around 70 pythons this year so some of the bubs only get fed fortnightly to keep them ticking over while my rat supply builds up again through winter.

Very pretty looking hets Simon, congrats on breeding them. Are the parents striped, as the patterns on those hets are very stripey cool!

Very pretty looking hets Simon, congrats on breeding them. Are the parents striped, as the patterns on those hets are very stripey cool!

neither of the parents are striped yet almost all of the bubs came out with some sort of stripey pattern as did the albino bubs.
cheers
simon

Absolutely gorgeous. Just as all your bubs were. :)
If I ever am after some hets, they'll have to be from you!

just dug up some comparison photos of her to show her losing her melenin and getting lighter.first photo was after her first shed,second photo was taken before the latest shed and the third photo was taken after the last shed.
cheers
simon

Attachments

• RD0911b.jpg
    RD0911b.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 162
  • RD0911e.jpg
    RD0911e.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 143
  • RD0911f.jpg
    RD0911f.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 131
just some update photos.she has shed again and holding her colour.

Attachments

• axd4.jpg
    axd4.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 128
  • axd3.jpg
    axd3.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 130
  • axd5.jpg
    axd5.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 98
  • axd2.jpg
    axd2.jpg