Unusual maculosa.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Radar

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
This is a pretty old pic, was just wondering if anyone has seen a maccie like this before? No, it's not a mix of spotted/childrens, it's just a spotted python with unusual spots. Figured if might be of interest to some people anyway :p. He's a mature adult male, roughly 1m long.

Thoughts?

Lep..jpg

And a more standard animal (until you flip her over, but the top is a pretty typical) for comparison.
fumanchu.jpg

Was soem pruty unsual spellng in tha title no my part to :)

Just in case you weren't sure: I didn't even notice your spelling, I was 'liking' the granite maccie. They're one of my favourites :D
Wish I knew where to source them though... so I'll be keeping an eye on this thread in case anyone else knows... ;)

I didn't bother pairing him this season, but I may next season if there is some interest. I only put together one pair of snakes to test a hunch on their genetics this year, so might let this fella unleash some pent up energy next season :)

Most people do at a glance, and it's a pretty rubbish photo. He just shed yesterday though so I may try and get a better one in the next few days if the sun comes out and I find the time. He seems to have alot more irredecence than most maccies in the sun, almost to the point of being like a water python.

First one is a cool! Hopefully my mac turns out like that lol

This is a pretty old pic, was just wondering if anyone has seen a maccie like this before? No, it's not a mix of spotted/childrens, it's just a spotted python with unusual spots.

What info have you got on it's line? Parents,sibs etc? Is it possible that the line may have been mixed somewhere in the past?

Bred by an old mate who sold his collection so he could travel australia, was the only one from the clutch that turned out like this. Of course there is the possibility of mixed genetics, as there is with all our captive snakes that were not direct wild caught. Once a lineage has changed hands more than once it's impossible to say there is no chance of it (even with certificates....). Not that mixed blood appears to worry most people anymore, so long as it looks pretty. Mixed blood ugly = Bad, Mixed blood pretty = good :lol:

Australis - Hence why I've never been overly stressed about breeding him despite how long he's been right here beside my computer. He's a pretty sweet animal in the flesh, it doesn't really worry me what other people want in a snake :) Putting him and a childrens python beside each other they are clearly different animals, but at a glance they look superficially the same. Afterall, a brown snake is a brown snake, as any aussie will tell you :).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back