Update for Scales & Tails Reptile Festival

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Reptile Outlet

Reaction score
Everything is looking good for the Festival.

For all exhibitors. If I haven't had the opportunity to chat with you during the last 24/48 hours and you have any queries about what time to set up, please give me a call on (07) 3389 8275. Please just leave a message on the answering machine and I'll get back to you.

We'd love to see you all there. Here's a proposed agenda for the day:

10.00am Gates open
10.30am Official opening by Deputy Mayor
10.40am Reptile Demonstration - Educational Reptile Displays
11.15am Bob Irwin's talk
11.50am Dr Gavin Bedford's talk
12.30pm Scott Eipper's talk
1.15pm Reptile Demonstration - Educational Reptile Displays
2.00pm Neville Burn's talk
2.40pm Michael Cermak's talk
3.30pm Crab Racing
4.00pm Reptile Demonstration - Educational Reptile Displays

Raffles throughout the day

Live Entertainment all throughout the day as well.

4.00pm - 8.00pm - Live Entertainment by Phil Emmanuel & Neil Duddy

Stalls/Exhibitors will be open from 10.00am - 4.00pm. There will be some
amazing reptiles on display too.

As you can see it's an absolutely jampacked day, and as cheap as chips to
get in. It's only $5.00 for adults and $3.00 for kids.

Food and drinks are on sale throughout the day.

For the kids.... Jumping Castles, Ferris Wheel, Tea Cup Ride, Fairy Floss
etc.

A bit of an idea of what we have planned. Lots of entertainment and an
amazing group of guest speakers. It's not often that you will get that
much talent together at one time.

We'll look forward to catching up with you on Saturday.
cheers
Joy

I'll have a few animals on display including some of my future breeding projects but unfortunately a couple pythons i was going to bring are in their shedding process and will be left at home.
will be a great day and feel free to come up and introduce yourself.name tags with your APS user name is a great idea then we don't have to ask "who are you on APS?" to every second person.it will be good to put a face to a name.
cheers
simon

any public transport?
Or anyone wanna come pick me up :D

You can jump on the Ipswich train line and get off at Bundamba?
I think thats the closest station, Ipswich Turf Club isn't far from there.

Please take a lot of pictures for the people that can't go..pretty please? haha.

It's not fair! I told the boss I wanted (read: needed) the day off but he's gone and stuffed his ankle so I have to work anyway! It sounds really, really awesome though. I'm sure everyone will have an absolute ball :)

It's not fair! I told the boss I wanted (read: needed) the day off but he's gone and stuffed his ankle so I have to work anyway! It sounds really, really awesome though. I'm sure everyone will have an absolute ball :)

I can always call up your workplace and claim there's some kind of emergency that you NEED to attend to! :p

Trying to think of a way that I can take the day off. Ideas anyone? I just want to sit back and relax, listen to the talks, maybe even get my pic taken with a few 'celebrities', catch up with friends and other new friends that I haven't met yet, jump on the jumping castles, check out the awesome reptiles on display, buy some great products and 'must have' items at cheap prices, this includes of course the latest issue of Scales & Tails, have a few drinks, and then sit back and be entertained by Neil Duddy and Phil Emmanuel as the evening progresses..... What an awesome day I have planned! hmmmmmmm.......... Wonder if I phoned in sick if that would work? Who thinks that Troy & Denver would miss me? lol.

I'll see you on Saturday and will let you know how my planned 'sickie' went.
Cheers
Joy

Was that directed at me???

It's a given :p

Mate the more photos you guys provide the happier I will be! haha, and of course other people will be looking forward for pictures too. Especially you Bradchip, haha. Your photos are a must mate.

Cheers,
Nick

i am so devestated that i will not be attending this event.

Sounds like a fantastic festival with some awesome speakers.

all the best Joy.

donks

It sounds like a awesome day Joy,so much wealth of knowledge with some of those people....You cant tell people about the jumping castle (thats all they,ll do all day...lol..)..Just pray the weather is fine,overcast is ok,but raining may turn a few people away (hopefully it wont thou)..I didnt even realise it was on til i got a call from Wokka on Monday..so much to do but EVERYTHING can get hold off....

Going to be a great day with plenty of stalls, rides, pit shows, food, bar, talks with some of Australia’s best, live entertainment and reptiles displays with Premier Pythons, Pimms Pythons, Myself, a male Calico from Dens Pythons on the S&T stall and a couple of rpms on loan from bara from this site. Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back