Urgent help/advice needed for GREEN TREE SNAKE near life less

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenPython

Reaction score
on wednesday i notice my nov 2010 born GREEN TREE SNAKE was not him self I have just fouond him at the bottom of his enclosure pretty much life less i dont know whats gone wrong it is very cold here i have just put him under his lamp I am sort of thinking he is not going to make it i need advice quick smart please

Sorry, I can't help you, but I hope someone can very soon and everything turns out okay.

sounds very sick bud, not much to tell you other then it needs to be worked up. You need to get it to its preffered body temp and you could give it fluids, either orally if it can hold them down or rectally. but something isnt right especially if it is limp and lifeless. Theres a few good vets brissy for reps id suggest you give them a acall

VET. how are you keeping it, enclosure size, temperature, when did it last feed, what did it eat, size of food, do you and how often do you mist, has anything changed in the way you have kept it

ok we need more info like temps and has he eaten?

hope someone can help :(

stick in there lil fella

VET. how are you keeping it, enclosure size, temperature, when did it last feed, what did it eat, size of food, do you and how often do you mist, has anything changed in the way you have kept it

beat me too it :)

First thing is to increase body temp
Then work out what is wrong
If it feels cold it is cold

ok he ate two days ago small neon tetra just checked him again since put back on heat and seems to have more life in him but is twisting his neck and putting his head up side down every now and than.. where i found him it is 24 dergress
his worm sport atm is sitting on 30.5

could he of been poisoned somehow? a toxin in the enclosure that has just been introduced or in his environment? What about a parasite burden like flukes? Increase his temps and seek help from a vet

he was very cold to touch but is funny cause he has very easy access to his warm spot

i have had him for over 4 months and i have not changed anything at all i get my food stright from the breeder and he does not medicate my fish

could be neuro whihc could be due to toxin or virus or parasite or infection, or he could be trying to regurge or his trachea is blocked. does he open his mouth while hes twisting his neck

Likely neuro then. You need to get to a vet, most dont live for long after starting that behaviour though

Ok
By the sounds of it your problem is more than just heat
Keep it warm and try not to stress it out
If it doesnt improve by tomorrow get it to a decent reptile vet
Head tilt is not a great sign but can be caused by many things

could he be not geeting decent sized food from his anus to the bottom of the tail on the underside is shaped into a V

Neuro is not a common problem with snakes unless they are Jags
I have never heard of it in tree snakes but could be wrong
It may simply be a fish spine jammed somewhere
It could be many things
Dont panic about it until you know what it is
But unless it shows major signs of recovery overnight..... vet

should i bump the heat above 30 say 31, 32, 33 and hydrate just little squirt into mouth ???

has just gone into a smaller contrainer onto a heat cord

Possibly food
But I wouldnt place too much hope in that
Usually they become much more active first ie hunting tucker
After that they can get lethargic but usually that still does not include head swings etc

If it wakes up a bit try another fish
Hopefully it will scoff it and demand more and problem solved

If it is thirsty it should have been drinking
So long as it had access to clean water I wouldnt stress it out by squirting water into its mouth

Increasing temps can help with most problems
Sorry but dont know enough about this particular species to advise here

Last edited:
bump the temps up and maintain them, if you need soak him in warm water but hold its head out of the water. Dont bother feeding it. Neurosymptoms are not uncommon in very sick reptiles. once again there is a million differential diagnosis' and no one can tell you what it is without seeing it. Its yourdecision what you do, you could take it to a vet now and it may still die or it may live. or you could leave it till 2morro and it will more likely die although it may not. Is there anything else weird about it, does it seem bloated, any red tinged scales, is its cloaca relaxed or tight. does it have a righting reflex (when you put it on its back doesn it right itself). Does it have a clear airway and can you see it breathing

ok well he is on the heat will have to just wait and see thanks guys for the supa dupa quick replies guys by the look of him i dont think he will make it

scales look the same no redness his breathing he is so small i cant really see him breathing looks to be very shallow and when he is on his back he doesnt even try to turn himslef over

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back