!!URGENT HELP!! Snake hasnt eaten for 5 MONTHS

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes now to find skinks, even garden lizards. Not that easy around my area. And now its winter, hopless.

Last edited:
Could anyoen please tell how how long a healthy mac shoulb be at 7 months old? Cuz this one is 25-30cm

The thing is this mac HAS been eating...I think for the moment you just need to settle it in...warm it up and see how you go feeding it a pinky then.....

yes, try pinkies first, persist, it should eat them if it has before. Skinks are a last resort. I still have them around my place, under rocks, bricks ect.

No im telling you now it has not eaten. The tank it was in wasnt even heated. Thats what i thought but when questioning the previous owner he had told me it had refused to eat the whole time it was with him. That was 5 months ago. It must of been hybernating during the winter period.

OMG firstly i wrote a whole thread until my Internet stuffed up and lost it all. So now i will cut the story short.

I bought a maculosa from a reputable breeder for a friend who really wanted a snake. I think he wouldnt treat the snake with respect but after two weeks of me teaching him on the basics and fundamentals and plus writing him out a detailed manual i though he was all set. The snake was two months old when i got it and had eaten 5 times, 2 on lizards 3 on mice. When i brought it home it did not eat once. Since it was with me for two weeks I didn’t think much of it as it would of been stressed. Then finally the day came and i handed it over to him
Etc

I think this is what was being referred to when they said it had been feeding. Baby macs can be hard to get started but once they go they are fine and should not stop feeding without a reason.

Two tips - Canola oil to the remaining dry skin to help it to come off and don't try to feed it so often - give it a good 5 to 7 day break between feeding attempts. Whilst everything you have done has been in the little fellas best interest, it is still stressful for him so he may not want to feed until he's a bit more settled.

A vet trip is still the smartest thing to do. Your friend obviously has no idea about keeping herps and may have done other stuff that could have introduced diseases without realising it.

the snake is not going back to him at all. I got another loo kat him today when i was chekign up on him. After i got rid of all the old skin his knew sking is all loose. Ok imagine a normal snake, with its skin fit tightly to its body. Now imaginve a 200kg man that sudenly lost 120kg with all loose skin. That is what he looks like. No meat, all skin and bones, no joke. I ahve not tried to feed him yet but will in a do or so. IF he doesnt eat, i cant let him go anymroe without food, he is jsut tooooooo skinny. I will get a vet to check for worms etc adn if none is found he will ahve to be pinkie pumped or force fed a whole pinkie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back