Urgent Help!!!!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brad12212

Reaction score
I just found my baby bluetongue in his cage and it seems like his front legs are powerless, and isnt regualy sticking out his tongue. He is around 1 month old and we just started givind gim little chunks of mince. We have another baby blue in the same cage and he is fine.

Please can some one help:cry: :cry: :cry:

take him to a vet

what heating are you using ?
cheers
brad

and how old is your other bluey ?
as in young blue tongue's they will need uv light as they can die without it
cheers
brad

they are from same clutch and the breeder that i got it off recomended not giving it to much u.v light

yes but thats as they age
but when there young i would use it
cheers
brad

puple iz black and aound puple brown normal. It is weird tho it seems his hole front part of body is paralized his back legs are fine but front legs are powerless

Has he swallowed a pellet of cat litter that has become caught in the thoat? Were they exposed to higher temps than usual in this hot weather we've had?

I doubt it's anything to do with UV light. For years i've raised my blueys to sub-adults without UV light without any problems.

How does his spine look? Does he climb the walls often?

Has he swallowed a pellet of cat litter that has become caught in the thoat? Were they exposed to higher temps than usual in this hot weather we've had?

I doubt it's anything to do with UV light. For years i've raised my blueys to sub-adults without UV light without any problems.

How does his spine look? Does he climb the walls often?

i have :S
i didnt think i would need it either
but they(i had 2 babie blueys) got realy sick so i rang the bloke who i bought them of and he told me what to do and then one of them died a week or two later
cheers
brad

not to sure
my bluey's eyes went white (so i used warm salty water to wash them)
it didnt work every well
take him to a vet tomorrow
cheers
brad

ok i will take him 2 the breeder i got it from he is an expert when it comes 2 reptile. He comes on this site GARTHNFAY he will know wat 2 do

Hi Brad,
If his front legs aren't working....sounds like something has happened to his spine.
Have any children been handling it?????
Has something happened to injure the spine???
Garth

Usually the rear legs are affected first with spinal problems. Would be concerned that you aren't using UV lighting and are feeding mince meat - sounds like a combo for metabolic bone disease. Would get it to the vet.

Usually the rear legs are affected first with spinal problems. Would be concerned that you aren't using UV lighting and are feeding mince meat - sounds like a combo for metabolic bone disease. Would get it to the vet.

Hi Tim,
The bluies are only about two weeks old......surely the bones wouldn't be affected so soon.......?

Young animals have higher requirements for calcium and vitamin D due to bone growth and are therefore more susceptible to deficiencies.

today his back legs arent working and has a lump near his back legs. i am really worried. it seems like he carnt even see me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back