***urgent*** python help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kransky

Not so new Member
Reaction score
im new to keeping snakes and i need to know how often a 5' python should take a dump. its been 2 weeks since it last relieved itself (on me :? ).

Thanks

Col.

With my Diamond it's after every feed once or twice a mth or when I put new substrate down ...lol

or should i wait till its done is buisness? or do i take it to the vet?

thanks,

Col.

I would wait until it does it's business before you feed it again

you can always try feeding. Sometimes snakes will do a poo just after or just as they begin eating. This morning as i gave my olive python male an adult rabbit i noticed he did a poo imediately

^^^
give iit a feed, tell us what id does:D

This may sound a bit strange to you but if you have a hide or two i would check the roof of them, someone one here a while ago had the same problem and when they cleaned out the enclosure they found the poo stuck to the roof of the hide.

I would feed it. I dont think its really going to hurt and if there is nothing wrong it will help to pass the buisness through more quickly.

i just got onto the previous owner (my brother in law who has moved to dubai) and he said 2-3 weeks between dumps.

Yea i agree. I think even adult mice would be too small. Maybe thats the problem ur feeding food which is too small. I wouldnt really worry about it though.

don't freak out mate , just run the animal through your hands and put it back into its cage.
I always find when i change the paper in the cage they always go...... It really pi**es me off but they always do it so give that a try if you are worried and make sure it has good water supply so it doesnt become to dehydrated.
Good luck mate

let it out for a walk on the lawn, changed substrate and has just eaten. ill see how things go.

thanks for the freply folks.

Cheers,

Col.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back