Useing natural branches

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol lol the day shift arrives.

OK. This made me LOL almost as much as Jamie's post did.

As for collecting branches from the wild, I'd be more concerned about introducing pests (borer beetles, etc.) that could be detrimental to the enclosure itself, not the inhabitants. Isn't this a valid concern ?

Well all mine get washed in 80degree + water then a spray with f10... I've never seen any critters after I've done that..

OK. This made me LOL almost as much as Jamie's post did.

As for collecting branches from the wild, I'd be more concerned about introducing pests (borer beetles, etc.) that could be detrimental to the enclosure itself, not the inhabitants. Isn't this a valid concern ?

Not really a valid concern.If you collect fresh branches as opposed to half rotting ones laying on the ground then there is no problem.A quick visual inspection of the branch will soon show up if there are any bugs on/in it.

Well all mine get washed in 80degree + water then a spray with f10... I've never seen any critters after I've done that..

That is most likely because there were never any critters on it in the first place.

I guess this is one of those 'each to there own ' cases. All my reptiles ate happy n healthy and I won't be removing my logs n branches.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 265966Here an example of what I collect n use.

It's funny how far removed these couch potatoes are from nature. I'm guessing they have never stuck a snag on a stick straight from the bush and cooked it on an open fire either. Imagine the germs!!! why people think it is better to lace their branches with poison before using them will always be a mystery to me.

They may be healthy, but you can't know about happy because they have no choices - they have to make do regardless...

Jamie

F10 is a drinkable sanitizer!!
While it is not advised to!!

Last edited:
Yet again a simple question by a concerned owner gets the typical aps treatment. We all have different opinions, and at least this guy wanted to double check his husbandry. We get it, some of you have been doing this for years and know absolutly everything. But do you have to be such jerks about it? Really turns people off asking for help next time something happened.

How about we try once in awhile,
" hey mate, dont worry about scrubbing or sanitising perches, just put them in the tank and it's fine. "

Easy

Yet again a simple question by a concerned owner gets the typical aps treatment. We all have different opinions, and at least this guy wanted to double check his husbandry. We get it, some of you have been doing this for years and know absolutly everything. But do you have to be such jerks about it? Really turns people off asking for help next time something happened.

How about we try once in awhile,
" hey mate, dont worry about scrubbing or sanitising perches, just put them in the tank and it's fine. "

Easy

Because the noobs will say (with utmost authority) that you have to scrub it with f10 at 80°C, soak it in a bath and put it in the sun, dress it in a tutu for a week, then remove all the wood from it... This contradicts what the common sense approach really is... If there wasn't such bad advice given, people wouldnt make such a joke of it. All you can do when people say these things is laugh or cry.. We prefer to have a bit of a laugh :):lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

That's bloody ridiculous. Have you read the poisons info or MSDS for F10.
If used in the correct and specified manner it is safe to use (even if unnecessary)
YOU CAN NOT DRINK IT.
The ingredients become safe after being left on surfaces for the minimum specified times.

Haha and round up is a drinkable weed poison supposedly any way , I live near the berry exchange largest blue berry farm in the southern hemisphere , when round up (glycosolphate)(sp) came into the scene they had a salesman come to the farm to try and get them to use it for weed control , they were worried about if they washed there packs in the dams if it could contaminate and kill the berries , so to prove that it was only effective in the proper doses the salesman had a big scull of the crap , he apparently did this a bit and winded up rather sick from it , something about kidney problems

My point is that whilst a chemical may not show any bad effects when used properly and only when it is needed , if it is abused and used to regularly then they can have certain long term effects

I use f10 but only about every 6 months or so I do substrate changes and warm water cleans regularly though

My point is that whilst a chemical may not show any bad effects when used properly and only when it is needed , if it is abused and used to regularly then they can have certain long term effects

I use f10 but only about every 6 months or so I do substrate changes and warm water cleans regularly though........
I do agree with that.

i use something called cage wizard when ever i put new vines in i spray them and leave them out of the cage for a day then wash them in hot water and wait another day for them to dry before i put them in

If I've gotten a branch or log from another person, I spray the crap out of it with f10. If I've found it, chances are I'll just chuck it straight in the tank, or if it looks a bit manky or has noticable hollows etc, I might give it a spray. That's about the extent of it.

This is the kind of quality advice I was talking about!
F10SC is a total spectrum disinfectant that, unlike other strong disinfectants on the market, has no adverse side effects on people, animals, or on equipment and surfaces. It is ecologically friendly and biodegradable, and carries a wide range of registrations and approvals from around the world.

In Australia, F10SC is registered by the APVMA for use in animal production and housing facilities, approved by AQIS for use in food export processing as a non-rinse disinfectant, and is also listed by the TGA as a Hospital Grade Disinfectant.

The benefits of using F10SC include:

Kills all types of pathogen – F10SC is bactericidal, virucidal, fungicidal, sporicidal.

Minimal chance of microbial resistance due to F10SC’s unique benzalkonium chloride and polyhexamethylene biguanide combination of actives and mode of action.

*Rapid kill times – less than 30 secs for gram positive bacteria, 60 secs for gram negative bacteria, Canine Parvovirus 20 mins.

Successfully tested against avian influenza (bird flu) viruses at a concentration of 1:500 in 10 mins.

Non-corrosive, non-toxic, non-tainting, non-irritating, aldehyde-free.

Highly cost effective.

Biodegradable & ecologically friendly.

Tried, tested, independently verified and documented, and approved around the world.

- - - Updated - - -

Might pay to do some research before posting ....

If I've gotten a branch or log from another person, I spray the crap out of it with f10. .

That's fair enough. Since you don't know what they used it for or if their collection free of disease etc. Remember though that 2 min of F10 will kill bacteria. To kill fungi, viris's and various diseases it takes 15-30 min to have any effect.

I still don't see the part where it say you can drink it like juice

F10SC is a total spectrum disinfectant that, unlike other strong disinfectants on the market, has no adverse side effects on people, animals, or on equipment and surfaces. It is ecologically friendly and biodegradable, and carries a wide range of registrations and approvals from around the world.
In Australia, F10SC is registered by the APVMA for use in animal production and housing facilities, approved by AQIS for use in food export processing as a non-rinse disinfectant, and is also listed by the TGA as a Hospital Grade Disinfectant.
The benefits of using F10SC include:
Kills all types of pathogen – F10SC is bactericidal, virucidal, fungicidal, sporicidal.
Minimal chance of microbial resistance due to F10SC’s unique benzalkonium chloride and polyhexamethylene biguanide combination of actives and mode of action.
*Rapid kill times – less than 30 secs for gram positive bacteria, 60 secs for gram negative bacteria, Canine Parvovirus 20 mins.
Successfully tested against avian influenza (bird flu) viruses at a concentration of 1:500 in 10 mins.
Non-corrosive, non-toxic, non-tainting, non-irritating, aldehyde-free.
Highly cost effective.
Biodegradable & ecologically friendly.
Tried, tested, independently verified and documented, and approved around the world.
- - - Updated - - -
Might pay to do some research before posting ....

NOWHERE in your cut and paste research does it say it is a "drinkable sanitizer"! I maintain that your statement of such on a public forum for kids to read is both foolish and dangerous. Which is a reflection on who you are...

Last edited by a moderator:
If I've gotten a branch or log from another person, I spray the crap out of it with f10. If I've found it, chances are I'll just chuck it straight in the tank, or if it looks a bit manky or has noticable hollows etc, I might give it a spray. That's about the extent of it.

This is where I differ in opinion.
I have no hesitation using fresh branches as they come,but there is no way I would use a branch or log that came out of someone else's enclosure,F10 or no F10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back