using bluetac to plug gaps

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is ok if you are aware of the risk and reject the notion, but if you are unaware you may like to know that sticky things can injure your reptiles,
which is what the original thread was inquiring about, they can now make more of an informed decision.
There is only a very, very slim chance of a problem but who wants to be that friend of a friend of a friend with the dead animal and a dumb look on your head.
It is a rare possibility that it could happen, but if you are informed then the decision is yours, people replied to this thread saying there was no problem, that is not entirley true.

As far as i'm concerned there is no risk, show me some proof and then i'll belive it, just because it happened to a mystery person doesn't mean it really happened.

Theres more chance your snake will fall off a barnch, so why not put bubble wrap on the floor of the cage to stop it breaking bones?

Oops, i forgot the air inside the bubbles is toxic and if they pop will give the snake respitorty failure! :roll: :roll:

batfeathers are nice n soft if they fall off a branch, right africa! :wink:

yes indeed wattso but looks like I'll have to take the bubble wrap out of my other enclosures or maybe it will be ok if I just take away the blue tac holding it down? And I only use foam rubber branches anyway since a friend of a friend told me about this person he had heard about in a bar whose snake got caught in the Y of a branch. You see, foam rubber branches are so soft that as the snake climbs them they just bend so the snake never really leaves the ground although it has the illusion of climbing a tree, means that my high up hide boxes stay a lot cleaner too! I've always been worried about them as a snake could slip on a fresh poo and tumble to the ground quite easily.

I've been worried about my babies falling from their branches and hurting themseves. Where can I buy tiny little crash helmets?

Seriously though, I've seen blu-tac that has been left in the sun, it does get very gooey/tacky I wouldn't use it just in case.

any other suggestions on what to use if i want to take the fake rock out to clean etc etc.

OK, sorry for the frivolity, red wine tends to do that to me :) If you don't, for some reason, want your snake to get under the rock why dont you silicone it to a piece of acrylic sheet. This way you can still remove it to clean and if you change your mind on granting him access you can just cut it off again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back