Using Shift Boxes or Trap Boxes?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Truth

Reaction score
Despite having close to 20yrs experience the Mrs has decided that I need to just up the safety a little bit as we have a two year old and another baby on the way. I have been thinking a shift box would most likely do the job and keep her happy although after a while you get to know your snakes and how they react and I have never had a bite yet so I must be doing something right.

Anyway I was wondering if any keepers use them and might have pics they would like to share?
Perhaps there is someone selling them? as I am pretty handy working with wood but would most likely buy at least one and build my design off that, or if cheap enough just save me some work.

Not really too worried with RBBS, more for the taipans and snakes like that.

Thanks in advance for your help.
cheers

I know a fella in the local area uses safe boxes, which are just clear sistema type tubs which he gets from coles, he made a pull down flap for the front which he just swats down with a snake hook when he needs to lock up/remove the snake from the enclosure for cleaning ect. When finished, put container back in and re open front flap, easy and safe method providing you make a good latch on the front to prevent unwanted escape hah!

i don't see how shift boxes will make it safer for kids? or are they cleaning cages for you?

No not old enough for that yet, making it safer for me so that I am around long enough to have the kids clean the cages :)

Thx Hunter, if you google search that method comes up quite a bit, with the more secure usually made out of wood or more industrial, think just going to have to have a play.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a couple of my designs in my book on keeping elapids and colubrids

thats the one Dr Brown!!!......ah self promotion..... a quick way to a bruised ego lol

Is the massive lizard bible out yet? Looked like all the gecko, dragon etc books in one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back