uv lighting for a jacky dragon?? help plz

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptilegirl_jordan

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hi im getting 2 jacky dragons would it be ok for there uv light to take them outside for a couple of hours a day in the sun to get the uv????
thanks jordan:D

Yes if you are able to do that, it would be a lot better then the UV from artificial sources.

and then i just have there normal heat light?
how many hours a day should this be or every second day maybe out in the sun??
thanks jordan

someone posted a caresheet by Michael Mather a while ago, i tried to find the thread but couldnt, but had it saved as a word document.
i hope posting it isnt treading on anyones toes,....sorry to the person who posted it originally.

Last edited:
In dragon enclosures (where a UV globe is being used) is it better to have the UV light close to the heat globe, or down the other end of the enclosure (the cool end)?

If it's a spot type uv globe then I'd have it next to the heat globe so that when they bask they get uv too, if it's a flouro tube like an NEC T10 I'd put it in the centre personally! Just make sure they have branches etc so that they can get close to it :D

as long as u make sure u dont get lazy that should be fine.

if you find ur not taking them out as often as u plan to get a light to be on the safe side,....

get a big plastic tub, cut a big bit of the lid out and put 5mm mesh in it, then you dont have to watch over them while they are getting sun. I actually keep my beardies in one of them.

plastic tubs overheat horribly in the sun,......

get a mesh flexarium from herpshop,.....never leave a dragon in the summer sun, make sure it has a shady side to cool down in.

yea, never have them in full sun, i sit my tub in half sun half shade and have never had probs, most of the top is mesh so plenty of ventilation aswell

water dragons or jacky lizards???

HI all

just a quick question, which is more valuable a jacky lizard or a eastern water dragon ? Considering their the same age......

Thanks!

jacky dragons, some people have to give their ewd's away to get rid of them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back