UVB bulb.. life time.. the truth!! .. i swear it!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
this may vary between brands and production lines, but Reptisun 10.0 UVB bulb emit enough UVB to last a year (12 months for the slow ones.), before needing to be replaced, i have read through email to manufacturures and through websites, that most bulbs UVB last 3000 hours and around that time decease emiting the UVB rays, and on average your UVb bulb will be on, say ten hours a day, thus stretching the lifespan of your UVB bulb to 300 days, which is aproximately 10 months (again for the slow ones), which proves all those american and aussie sites saying to replace them every 6 months,

might i just add, that your reptile is not getting any UVB with a 5.0 Bulb if it is not within 12" (30 cm) of the bulb, and if you have a 10.0 bulb like me, your reptile will be receiving strong UVB rays, when it is within 20" (51cm)

and again i have said it in other forums, that a large percent of UVB rays are reflected off of the waters surface so all you turtle lovers and owners, its much more cost effective to get a short UVB bulb over the dry area of your turt tank, and perhaps for the extra light, have a normal flurescent bulb over the water end..

i know this is going to cause contriversy, but i dont care all too much, you can spend an extra $40 to $80 bucks, every six months for all i care, besides im sure all your over purchasing of reptile products will eventually bring the priceses down as they have over the past few years.. if anyone has questions be sure to pm me..

hope this info helps you herpers,.. see ya

.KIRBY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back