Varanus Acanthurus Ridge Tailed Monitors- Videos

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can get them pretty tame even as bubs. My female is amazing, never bites or runs. Sits on my shoulder while I watch tv. Male is a a bit skitish but i handle them both a few times a day so he eventually calms down and sits in my hands happily. Starting to teach him games atm. They are pretty much the same age as yours.

What temps are you keeping them at? If i attempted handling i would probably lose them somewhere as they move so quick when kept at 30c+.

Mine dont bite at all an have settled an gotten used to me no worries, but i wouldnt advise handling them like a bearded dragon.

Rick

Hot spot sits around 53C. The male is constantly running but the female is pretty submissive. Goes into her burrow often but eats and runs well.
Took her too see david vella when she got some sand in her eye a few weeks ago. He said she is one of the most placid monitors he's met before.
She's perfectly healthy though just a bit of a weirdo. She climbs up to my shoulder when I put my hand in so she can come out and walk around the house with me.
No way I could do that with the male he would bolt onto the floor.

They are cool lizards! They must be pretty tough to keep mebbe in acouple of years lol.

They are cool lizards! They must be pretty tough to keep mebbe in acouple of years lol.
From what i have heard they're really hardy and easy going lizards apart from them having so much energy :D

my ridge tail monitor is exactly the same do all ridge tail monitors do that

Small one
jeva5egy.jpg

y5e7enus.jpg

Middle sized one
emaga7ed.jpg

Big one
ahatede5.jpg

8abezyge.jpg

ype9uryp.jpg

yvajy4yj.jpg

jumejese.jpg