vegetarians and vegans

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
im a vegetarian =] and i eat free range eggs and rennet free cheese. Mock all you want but if everyone was a vegetarian the world would be fed.

im a vegetarian =] and i eat free range eggs and rennet free cheese. Mock all you want but if everyone was a vegetarian the world would be fed.

Please don't start this argument. It's been proven time after time that it wouldn't be a possibility.

I have a few vegetarian friends. I have yet to meet a vegan who wasn't bat **** crazy.

I don't mock being veggo, but the second idea is a tad naive. If everyone didn't want to make money and helped everyone else, almost all the world would be fed most of the time, whether we were veggo or not.

im a vegetarian =] Mock all you want but if everyone was a vegetarian the world would be fed.

But then we'd have to kill all the animals growing in numbers that we would have to compete with for food, so we may as well eat them :)

I'm not a vego, but do enjoy a good vego meal here and there :)

i tried it, and after a day of no meat i had withdrawals!!!!! must eat cow,lamb,veal yummmmmmm sorry. the healthy eating board dictator i mean director is vegan and is trying to force meat out of a Hospital's menu and make everyone believe her ways....

im actually doing food and agricultural science and all of my professors have said the same =] 70% of our grain supplies go towards feeding cattle, and its because of newly 'developed' countries like China getting rich and feeling that they need to now eat the rich food (meat) that there is an added strain on food supplies.

im actually doing food and agricultural science and all of my professors have said the same =] 70% of our grain supplies go towards feeding cattle, and its because of newly 'developed' countries like China getting rich and feeling that they need to now eat the rich food (meat) that there is an added strain on food supplies.
I have heard this before and it seems feasible. Not sure if it really is true but yeah.
Maybe we should go back to like it was before agriculture and only eat what we can catch :p

I have heard this before and it seems feasible. Not sure if it really is true but yeah.
Maybe we should go back to like it was before agriculture and only eat what we can catch :p

i think that is a great idea =] lets see people eat lambs when they have to slaughter them themselves...

Perhaps we could put and end to meat farming, let the ones on the land die after a
happy life, ensure no breeding and let them exist only in their natural environments.
Do their natural environments still offer a home for them?

I'm not sure wild versions of meat animals would even exist in many places. They've been selectively bred for a very long time now.
Hey did we all just hijack this thread? What was the OP trying to get at?

they could be pets =] i dont think they do... i know there are wild chickens and pigs?

I don't eat my friends :p I love all animals. I don't care if people eat meat but no one cares for the well being of the animals...not many people know how they are treated and how they are killed in slaughterhouses...

that doesn't make sense...pretty sure i'm not crazy...

did you watch the ABC tonight? it was about our live exports to indonesia and how they are killing them... dismembering them while they are still alive =S i had work so i missed it...

anyone watch it?

I think you're right to some extent but there are laws in place and, in Australia and England especially, I think we have much higher standards for the welfare of the animals during their lives and their deaths

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back