venomous snake handling course

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alex_c

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
who is the best to do it with? after reading Raymond Hosers site it has just made it a harder decision:?

Check out who is legal with DSE!!!!....there are recognised courses!

you cant alway beleive what you read......call the other groups...get the facts...make up your kind after that....would coles tell you safeway is better????

well raymond hoser does his course.... there is another group that do courses in victoria, just not as often i don't think. I've done two in vic and raymonds was one of them, both were just as good as another.

ive done hosers and it was actually a good course.
as far as ive herd snakehandler dont actually use vens. well neither do but hosers u get to practice the skills on elapids with no ven (dont turn this into a void convo for the love of god!)
with hoser we used RBBS, adders, collets, browns and a few tiapans. we were assessed using 2 typical eastern browns that were onto you as soon as they were released. idea being if u can catch and saftly contain an angry eastern brown with no assistance your considered to have the relevent skills to saftly handle majority of vens you will come into contact with regardless if your ideas are to keep them or be a wildlife controler.
i have had no experiance with snakehandler.

G'day mate,

I would look outside of Victoria. Geoff Coombes in South Australia provides fantastic courses.

Cheers

Jonno

do it the oldskool way,go out on a 40 deg afternoon and find an angry brown
and catch it,if ou get bit you fail LOL

As the owner of Snakehandler I can tell you we DO use real venomous snakes, infact we have approximatly 8 hours of handling in the course. The information posted on our competitions website is out of date, false and misleading. We are currently recognized to train people in all states, and permited to teach the courses in VIC and QLD, we are awaiting our NSW permits which should arrive very soon.

If people would like information about our courses please go to www.snakehandler.com.au and look at our courses page.

Our courses also have NSW and Victorian Department of Primary Industries Animal Ethics Committee approvals for the courses and techniques we teach.

ive done hosers and it was actually a good course.
as far as ive herd snakehandler dont actually use vens. well neither do but hosers u get to practice the skills on elapids with no ven (dont turn this into a void convo for the love of god!)
with hoser we used RBBS, adders, collets, browns and a few tiapans. we were assessed using 2 typical eastern browns that were onto you as soon as they were released. idea being if u can catch and saftly contain an angry eastern brown with no assistance your considered to have the relevent skills to saftly handle majority of vens you will come into contact with regardless if your ideas are to keep them or be a wildlife controler.
i have had no experiance with snakehandler.

And I am so sure you would jump in and catch an angry eastern brown first time if was intact and came at you the same way......

And I am so sure you would jump in and catch an angry eastern brown first time if was intact and came at you the same way......

Yeah thats a good point, i think i could probably do that without any training as you wouldnt need any confidence. Still it would be just as good as far as learning techniques, i doubt any snake handling course is going to put ppl in a postion where they are likely to get killed.

but tell me you wouldnt be a little more aprehensive if you knew it could kill you....instead of just inflict a bite like a python!!!

err i was trying to agree with you, not sure if how i wrote it made sense :? I ment to say i could probably catch a voided brown without trouble not an intact one.

Sorry Cris, not having a go at you.....just pushing the point.......I cant believe a 17yo was allowed to do the course!......what about insurance????

Yeah its all good, my english not much good :lol:

Sorry Cris, not having a go at you.....just pushing the point.......I cant believe a 17yo was allowed to do the course!......what about insurance????
hoser has pics on his site of a baby surrounded by elapids too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back