very good, can you tell me what this snake is?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
simoselaps mystic, wrong answer to first snake anyway lol :oops:

Narrow Banded Sand Swimmer (Eremiascincus fascioiatus) is a skink species...

Hey thats not fair lol...
I said mottled rattler = mottled banded rock rattlesnake (Crotalus lepidus klauberi) :p

There is alot of confusion whether the banded rock rattler and the mottled rattler are the same species (geographical differences) or sub species.
Some title both species Crotalus lepidus klauberi while some others title them seperately Crotalus lepidus klauberi & Crotalus lepidus lepidus.

Hey thats not fair lol...
I said mottled rattler = mottled banded rock rattlesnake (Crotalus lepidus klauberi)

My appologies I thought they were different species. It could also be a tiger rattlesnake or a speckled rattlesnake. I still think banded rock though. But it's one of the three.

lol I was just kidding Kevyn...

But I was doing some research on them earlier today and couldnt for the life of me find deffinate info on those 2 species.Some were titled seperately as 2 seperate species,some titled both the same scientific name and some titled them with sub species scientific names.To add further confusion some even titled them seperately but with the opposite scientific names of others lol.

Would like to hear if anyone knows facts???

Ok Ok looks like I stumped everyone this time, it is a rattle snake its called a El muerto Island Rattle snake (Crotalus muertensis), when I was in the USA in 2001 I went to the Uni of California and they showed me around their Herp section, there just roome and rooms of different rattlers vipers, cobras Gilas monster and other wicked stuff.

Look out for my next photo.

Marc,
Is there anyway you can find out if the banded rock rattler & the mottled rattler are the same species or if there different or sub species?

there is always a way give me a little time and I will find out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back