Very Proud

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bel03

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
:D I am so very proud of my father in law! He has a huge fear of snakes, one that i have been trying to help him overcome........& it seems i have made progress!
He came home from hospital yesterday morning after having a pace-maker inserted. While he was enjoying some time sitting on the back verendah he heard crashing in his kitchen......he came in to find what he thought to be a brown snake slithering over his dishes......instead of taking a shovel to it as he once would have, he called a snake catcher!!!!!! :D Anyway, it ended up being a huge gts, apparently close to 3m long (sorry he didnt take pics, i told him to do so next time!) but the snake catcher told him it was one of the biggest he had ever been called to remove, & it was in great health, it was released in the bush behind the house. So very proud of him, even though he thought it was dangerous, he done the right thing.........someone is getting spoilt this christmas!

Last edited:
Thumbs up for your dad and best wishes on a speedy recovery from the surgery.

Thanks Dragonwolf, we are hoping this gives him a new lease on life, he deserves it! He is just awesome, im just so proud that he done the right this time & he now knows that there is no need for shovels, so that is just a bonus! He actually liked watching it he said, he kept a close on it until the snake catcher turned up, & by then it had made its way from the kitchen to the bathroom, smashing a few ornaments on its way! :lol:

Glad to hear you can teach an old dog (so to speak) new tricks!
But just for clarity, what sort of snake was it?

I'm not meaning to nitpick, but do you mean green tree snake? If your FIL has GTPs slithering through his kitchen, he's a lucky, lucky man!

I'd assume it would be a green tree snake because if he thought it was a brown snake it would not look anything like a Gtp and there is no way u could confuse a green python with a brown snake where do u live just to clarify what species it would have been?

You would be correct, it was a green tree SNAKE, i didnt even think about the confusion for a brown when he said it ended up being a gtp........its school holidays & my brain is aloud to not work! :rolleyes:

Which is why I was curious.. I know you're only hearing the story second-hand so I'm not saying you're wrong, just perhaps misinformed.
GTP's rarely (if ever?) get above 6ft, and not to mention, they're bright green.
Common tree snakes on the other hand, are quite often brown, and get up and over 2m (which, allowing for standard exaggeration factor is almost 3m)

Not trying to rain on your parade of course!
Important part is the snake was allowed to carry on it's business, with it's head intact :)

edit: you guys beat me to it.. Stupid work distracting me from my APS posting.

Last edited:
LOL not 'raining on my parade' at all......as i said i wasnt even thinking about the type, im just happy it lived! It doesnt make any big diff to me what it was, it wasnt hurt, which is a first for any snake crossing dad's path! As for the exaggeration factor, the kitchen bench is almost 5m long, the snake was longer then half of it.......i think if he wanted to exaggerate he would have said 'almost 5m' :rolleyes: Anyway, point to my story.......people can change their ways, & thankfully this gts is now back where it belongs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back