Very very angry snake - help!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black.Rabbit

Reaction score
I feel so stupid!

I was taking everything out of my VERY placid, 4 month old woma's enclosure so I could change the paper towel, the last thing to take out was her hide which weighs 385g... it slipped out of my hand as I was taking it out and landed on her.

She is so angry now... She was striking at the side of the enclosure once i got it out, and in a strike position I have never seen before, not even from my angry bredli (named cranky).

I managed to get the lid back on without her seeing (ducking under the cabinet her click clack is on) while she was striking at the sides of the enclosure, and I put a blanket on top of it as she is freaking out. Still striking at the sides of the enclosure even with the blanket on top.

Problem is, there is now nothing in her enclosure because I took it all out before it happened, no water, no hide, no clean paper towel.

I feel so awful, but now I am scared ******less about putting everything back whilst keeping my skin intact.

Even more awful... I really hope it didn't hurt her, or do any damage... I'm freaking out as much as she is. I don't know what to do. She appears to be moving fine (since she keeps striking)...

So much for having a permanently placid snake

Attached: 2 pics... 1 showing the hide that fell on her (it's the one she is under, bottom left) and one showing how pissed off she is... She was a LOT higher in positioning than this, but it was the only photo I could take before my batter ran out

P1030425.jpgP1030426.jpg

Holy crap... what do I do? I feel sick!

Haha you probably just ticked her off. If she's moving around normally she should be fine. Do you have a hook? They are fantastic tools for dealing with snakes when they are in this mood

Yeah I have a hook, never used it with her before, only ever with Cranky.

I think she will still be striking though, I can still hear her striking at the enclosure, 15 minutes after it happened and the blanket is over it :(

I'm concerned that she has nothing in there... should I just drop a light globe box or something in there? that way at least it wont hurt as much if it drops on her... and then she has a hide...

If it's nice and dark with the towel over it she should be alright. Just leave her for a couple of hours and see if she calms down

I'll put another blanket or a towel as it's still pretty light in there...

Will she be ok without water for a while, after the trauma I have stupidly caused her?

just cover the enclosure and leave your snake to settle down. its ok if it dosent have water for a day or two. it also wont need a hide as you have the enclosure covered

Sounds like youve frightened her

You need to just leave her be and let her calm down

and maybe dont have cuah a heavy hide that could cause such an accident in the future.

How big is she? You can make them out of household stuff for basically nothing. Light globe boxes are good for hatchies

Yeah I was thinking of just dropping something in that is light, and big enough for her to fit in, so at least she has -something- in there.

She is 2 foot long, and about the diameter of a 20c piece at the widest part...

Take a few bites? They can't be THAT painful....

Yer mate that's not a good idea do you realize that you can injure the snake. It doesn't hurt but it's a stupid attitude to have. All it does is stress the snake more.

Yer mate that's not a good idea do you realize that you can injure the snake. It doesn't hurt but it's a stupid attitude to have. All it does is stress the snake more.

I was told by members on here that if you don't retract your arm (or whatever it bites) that the snake should be OK, I was worried because my jungle bit me twice and thought her teeth could snap. I know they can snap their teeth, but if it's just for the purpose of putting the stuff back in there, I'm sure a bite or two wouldn't be the end of the world.

put all her things back and cover her with a blanket, give her heat and leave her be. Then check on her in the morning.

i use stubbie holder for my hatches a small pebble or something on one will stop it rolling around is all you need plus it will help them hold there own body heat...

meant to say pebble on one side

I had a peak about 5 mins ago and she is curled up over where her heat source is... her head is still looking around though.

Won't putting all the stuff back now just stress her out again?

i use stubbie holder for my hatches a small pebble or something on one will stop it rolling around is all you need plus it will help them hold there own body heat...

meant to say pebble on one side

Wish I had a stubbie holder!!

I just found an old light globe box (big one, was for 2 globes)

I think I will leave her be, until I go to bed in about 4 hours (bloody uni assignments)... I'll check on her and might put the box in, depending on how she is...

Thanks for the advice :)

Still can't believe I so stupidly scared the ******* out of my gorgeous girl like that :(

Lol, I'd be stressing if I dropped a hide on one of my snakes, too! Hope she's OK.

Hope she calms down for you and all is well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back