Very young bearded dragon

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
all my young ones when ive gotten them for the first month i feed morning 8-10 dusted small crix and same in the evening at least 1.5 hours before lights out. Offer a small salad that is refreshed daily. dont worry heaps at this point if he wont eat salad( some dont much) because young beardies will eat 80% live foods and 20% salad till the mature then by adult hood its swapped.

I dust morning and night 6 days a week with calcium and a few times a week with vitamins.

This is just how i do it. I suggest you get the bearded dragon Manuel. its a little bit American (Fahrenheit) but all in all quite a good book.

JD

- - - Updated - - -

So he seems to love sleeping in his water dish. He's done it 2 out of the 3 nights it's been in there. He's weird lol.

what are your temps like???

Hot side ranges from 40-47ish, depending on where he is. There's a basking rock where it's around 42 and a higher rock thing he climbs and sits on the top of when he wants to be closer to the lamp.

Cool side is...I don't remember and it's night so the readings are off. 26 at the moment, but the lights have been off for hours.

That sounds fine.

I just got my girlfriend a hatchy this week from reptile city, he sleeps in funny places too.
I love when they are young.
Your beardie is a looker, I wish I had a het hypo.

u3uva7u6.jpg

eme9uhe2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol excellent. There's a whole thread of pictures like that here No links, Thanks

My fella has some nice bold patterns. I do hope his gets some of his mothers orange as he grows.

20130116_185829.jpg

No links my *** http ://ww w.beardeddragon org/bjive/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=141955&hilit=beardies+fall+asleep+every+which+way&start=525

Last edited:
My bearded was never a great feeder when small. Appetites and growth rates vary greatly. As long as he poops regularly, and appears to be eating some food he should be fine. I got my beardie at 2 weeks old.

I said that amount of food to get some bulk on it incase its appetite drops off for some reason,...at 2 weeks old its important to build fat stores.
im thinking Sez'z bub is 2-3 month old, with some condition, and is fine on what hes eating.

100 crickets is ridiculous, i could never get mine to eat even close to that!

Ive read somewhere on the forums people quoting 100 crickets a day. Seemed ridiculous!

If you see some of the American dragons I'm not surprised.. They are huge. I wonder what it will so for life expectancy??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KJ,

What was the stated life expectancy and when was that? What is it now?

I gave him a slightly warmer light and moved where he likes to bask and now he seems to be basking properly, mouth opening to cool off and more active.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back