Vetadine

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kwaka_80

Reaction score
Hey guys, One of my carpets has a fly screen mesh lid which she has been rubbing on and by the looks of it has mildly rubbed some of the head scales down (looks somewhat scabby), anyway I was talking to a vet friend of mine and he gave me a bottle of vetadine and said it would be better than betadine alone as it has other antifungal and antibacterial properties to it. The bottle says its a medicated wash for horses but he said It should be fine as there is no toxic agents in it. I trust his word as a vet with the wellbeing of the animal in mind, but he isnt really up to scratch on reptiles so I thought I would just find out from some reptile keepers If I should use it. Its active ingrediant is IODOPHOR which is equiv. 16g Iodine > per litre of product.

http://www.horsesuppliesdirect.com.au/prod897.htm <--- this is the prdouct in question and all the info on the page is the same info that is on the bottle. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Cheers Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back