Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Great pics, I really enjoyed them.
I know its a bit off topic but rett82, can you tell me what kind of camera you used to capture those shots?
I'm looking for a new camera myself and I'm really impressed with the quality of your snaps. They look really professional!
Also, if you don't mind me asking, can I know how much you paid for the camera.
PM me if you don't feel comfortable posting it here.
It would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Kev

High Kev, i hope you dont mind me answering in rett82's place here. She has either forgotten to get back to you or didnt see your question. We have two young kids under 3 so we can both be easily distracted!!!
Rett's photos were taken with my old canon EOS 300D. I paid over $2000 for it brand new back in 2003, but now theyre very cheap to buy second hand. They were a fantastic camera for there time. The 300D still is a fantastic camera, taking excellent images, however they are very slow operating compared to todays modern cameras.
The above photos were taken using a 70-200mm F4L lens. The lens is far more important than the camera model for most photos.
The 300D was superseded by the 350D, then the 400D, 450D and now the 500D. If you were to buy the canon EOS 500D now, you would be getting the modern version of the 300D.

Over the years between us we have owned 4 digital SLR's, all canon, ranging from the 300D up to the 40D, and just a few weeks ago i went and spent $300 on a relatively inexpensive fuji S1500 compact digital camera to carry around in my backpack, and i can tell you now, the images are not quite as good, and it is slow to focus, but the final result is still very good, and for $300 it shows that you dont have to spend huge $$$ on a DSLR to get good photos.
DSLR's take better photos, but certainly are not better value.
Many of the photos posted here, including all of my photos at the start of this thread, we taken with the $300 fuji!!!

Thanks for the detailed reply Rob :D!
I will put that into my knowledge bank. Will be camera shopping this week so it will come in handy.

i thought that was a particularly awesome specimen of the eastern brown there aswell. if only they werent such grumpy buggers, and of course, just a little less venomous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back