Views on legal ages

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cabotinage

Reaction score
pretty much your views on legal ages

driving, drinking, the S word (not sure if i can say it) (and not swearing), dropping out of school, becoming a legal "adult" right to vote or anything else you can think of that i havent covered (advanced licence :) )

Driving i think should be 16 to get L's and should have them for around 2 years with averaging at least 1-2 hours each week i think would be fair (120 hours)

Drinking i guess 18 although it is to hard to control as i know a tonne people who underage drink

the S word i guess 16 with protective gear.

Dropping out of school at least SC should be needed

Adult, i guess 21

voting, i think between 16-18 could be optional and 18+ compulsory

agree disagree? add in anything else aswell

driving, drinking, the S word (not sure if i can say it) (and not swearing), dropping out of school, becoming a legal "adult" right to vote or anything else you can think of that i havent covered (advanced licence :) )

Driving i think should be 16 to get L's and should have them for around 2 years with averaging at least 1-2 hours each week i think would be fair (120 hours)

12o hrs is ridiculous, 16 and 50 hrs was fine.

Drinking i guess 18 although it is to hard to control as i know a tonne people who underage drink
Legal age for drinking makes the teen drinking problem worse IMO

You're saying protection should be legislated?

Yeah

Adult, i guess 21
Good luck with that one... 18 is enough, generally.

why should it be compulsory at all?

red...

well imo 16 is far to young to be having a kid and at least contraception can help prevent like at least till 18? if there wasnt a legal age for drinking 12 year olds could go buy it for themselves at least not being able to sell it to the under 18's helps it abit i guess even if they get people to buy it for them.

and for the voting i just think it being compuslory is good

From what i have heard...some of these are being raised even more...not 100% sure on any of these but i have head

driving age might be raised to 16 and 9 months and hours raised even more...
also the legal age for dropping out might be raised 18 (its 15 in nsw now)

as for my opinion on these, i think the driving age one is ridiculous, but the schooling age is good.

drinking imo 21+
voting i think should be 18+
dropping out of school, i think finishing year 11 should be the deal not an age since that is different with each state etc
i think that the hours for L platers is a good idea as much as i have hated doing the hours myself it is important
and as for sex, i think its more an issue with the baby bonus, i think that people should be limited to 2 of the bonuses or some sort of new rule
i went in for my antenatal the other day and this girl started talking to me all she was interested in was the money, i dont even have a clue how much the stupid bonus is! she looked about 18 with 3 kids with her and she was pregnant, i think young people having kid after kid to get money etc is crap
maby people under the age of 18 should only get food vouchers etc so they dont think they can keep having babies and getting money out of it and dropping out of school
NOT JUST SAYING ITS KIDS adults do it too, but alot of kids do it these days
at the end of the day they wont stop having sex, but when they are getting pregnant getting money out of it, i think its encouraging them to keep it up and at a young age

so yea my point, cant stop them having sex, but make it more difficult for them when it comes to getting money handed over for being irrisponsible

how can anyone expect a 16 year old guy or girl not to want some tho? Even tho its law not many people under 16 obey it

im praying the driving age doesnt go up before november as im going to try get my L's pretty fast so i odnt have to wait another 9months

snake_boy

i see where your comeing from i have nothing against it i guess being one myself i just think protection should always be used before a certain age cause having kids at 16 for the baby bonus like it has been said is stupid.

what is the driving rules in each other state
here u have to have your L's for atleast 6 months and done the certain amount of day and night hours and then pass a test to get your P's

i dont no the laws in the other states tho?

I think everything should be raised, sorry probably not what you want to hear but I have seen too many instances of car fulls of kids in accidents where only the driver walks away. Much the same for young people drinking, have seen too many instances of people being permanently hurt, injured and taken advantage of etc because of misuse of alcohol. Same goes for S too many unplanned unwanted pregnancies and uncared for children. Just my opinion.

correct me if im wrong in NSW 120 hours? 20 of that being night? not sure on the rest it sounds like a long time to have the L's but i guess its probably saving lives..

What about the age for tattoos? just saw some pictures of myspace of a guy i know who is 16 and gives people tats, some guy has bender? from futurama (i think bender is the right one) metal version of homer? tatood on his ****....

Driving I would leave current legislation (nsw anyways)
Drinking should be bumped up 21, youngins cant handle their grog, Im 30 and still loose the plot :D
The S word is fine once you reach high school, were convicts not fancy poms!!
16 to drop out of school, provided you have a job to walk into..
Voting should be up to you, some people dont really give 2 hoots..

Driving should be 18 for L's 21 P's (only because i now know what i did was dumb and/or stupid and put other lives at risk and you dont realise that untill you grow up.

I now think drinking should be atleast 21 because all these young heros that beat the crap out of people with no regard to human life are idiots

That you cant put an age on, would be good but nice but will never happen

I wish i listened to my parents now and stayed in school past year 10

Adult, i guess 21

sounds good but do we ever really grow up??

I think you should only vote if you actually understand what you are doing

That will do for now because im goimg to have another bourbon ;)

i dont think its just the age of the drivers
its more the idiots who are driving without licences etc, i think suspended licences etc need to be cracked down on more

eg u get caught speeding give them a bigger fine a longer suspended licence and if there busted while driving without one thats when they should really be cracked down on

our laws are wayyyyyy to pathetic imo

snake_boy

i see where your comeing from i have nothing against it i guess being one myself i just think protection should always be used before a certain age cause having kids at 16 for the baby bonus like it has been said is stupid.

Fair call there. aslong as precautions are made i feels its ok. Its when you go out to parties get drunk that things go wrong.

well when ur 16 u shouldnt be going to partys getting drunk and having sex lol
the baby bonus is one of the biggest problems! it really needs some changes

LOL it wont get any better
they will still go to partys, still have sex with random people and get pregnant and many other things...

but i still think that if that baby bonus changed... it might help!

and alot more sex ed in school etc! they should be pushing them to get the implant in the arm and being on the pill since a majority of 16yr olds are having sex i think that the implant should be more of an option to teens

I think the legal system is too soft. I have friends who are teachers and their students don't have to do any work, because legally they can't force them to. Kids tell them to "get ****ed" and again, they can't do much. Their parents don't care either. Then these kids turn into teenagers who are popping out kids every year to get government money and their kid do the same. Round and round it goes. Kids need more rules and better inforcement instead of constant support or a little slap on the wrist. I can think of way better things that government money can go towards then trying to constantly protect and support slu*ts.

Adult, i guess 21

Im drunk, and that post made no sence to me what so ever, maybe i'l read it tomoz

I think after three kids at 18 that girl should be spayed,or at least hand out condoms with the baby bonus.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back