Virides - DIY CNC Router : An Ongoing Project

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Update:

Y-Axis_Carriage_StageI_zps82beaae7.jpg

A
I offset the ball screw nut to a new mount I found online. This mount is only $40 and saves having to produce something. Being offset behind the main carriage means I can gain an extra 20mm of travel on the Y-Axis (which was an issue due to the ball screw support at the motor end - see previous post).

B
Made cover for the motor to protect it from bumps - if for whatever reason the motor is out of alignment with the ballscrew, you would lose efficiency/accuracy. It will have a clear acrylic window and venting on the rear side (not seen). I may do the same with all motors on the machine.

It has been a while with no update and while I have no update at this point, I still am doing this.

The main reason for the lack of updates is that my wedding is taking priority (money wise), Virides as a business is ramping up with domestic and international sales soon to be a major part of our orders, the nameplates and new packaging for retail and postage.

Hopefully I can get back to it soon, maybe today :)

Since I have committed funds to this project, I must complete it. However, due to the direction Virides is going, I will be looking to possibly purchase our own Laser in the next 1-2years which will greatly enhance our production ability.

The router will always be something I intend to complete but will have to be put on hold, I still hope to put design time into it however. At least if we have the laser, hopefully we will also have a shed to install it into and therefore also have a place to put the router without having to worry about the sound issues I currently am faced with.

Considering accuracy, I will not be designing my own laser lol :)

I currently work operating a Bystronic Byspeed Pro 3015 (we also run the older Bystar 3015).

She's a ripper!! 6000w of cutting power!!

In an 8 hour shift today we cut around 70 sheets (made easy with the ByTrans Sheet loader/unloader)

So if productivity is a must, can't go past a decent laser setup :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back