Voodoo the Scrub python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

elise_x

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hiya,

I'm really starting to get the urge for another snake really bad, tried to get on reptilebreedergame.com but its down, So to stop the urges I decided to handle Voodoo for a little while,

No good pics of handling as its quite awkward trying to take pictures and hold him at the same time when he is just exploring everywhere, lol

He tried to bite me when I first picked him up and put him back

He does strike at anything that moves suddenly, not fun when my cat decides its time to run round like a little nutter....

Tried and failed to get some spooky, dark looking pictures
043-3.jpg

054-2.jpg

058.jpg

063-3.jpg

062-1.jpg

066-3.jpg

067-2.jpg

Also took some normal ones :)
002-3.jpg

019-3.jpg

073-2.jpg

074-2.jpg

077-1.jpg

082-1.jpg

regards, elise x

Just wait til its 9ft and striking at anything that moves.Scrubs are defiantly not for the "faint hearted".They can-are a dangerous python to own,from there size and attidute.The last thing you want,especially when its older is for him-her to bite and coli around you.There strength is UNBELIAVABLE,i do truely hope ANYTIME if its out of the enclosure,you do have some-one else there.(safety reasons)They are nice looking snakes at that age,BUT they dont stay like that for long.

Great pics of your scrub now just wait till it gets to this size and starts thowing its weight around .So long as you treat them with respect they are no more dramas to own than any other large snake .[video=youtube;3OOjaICFIFc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXUhnNRo1ew"]YouTube - Scrub Python .[/URL] [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OOjaICFIFc[/video] .These vids are of my girl .

Hiya,

I've found that as long as your confident and show them respect they don't bite, But they are easy to read...

regards, elise x

I've found that as long as your confident and show them respect they don't bite, But they are easy to read...

I am very confidend and I respect my snakes however they still bite me,So what am i doing wrong,as ive only keeped reptiles for 18 odd years you must tell me WHY they are biting me..lol..

I am very confidend and I respect my snakes however they still bite me,So what am i doing wrong,as ive only keeped reptiles for 18 odd years you must tell me WHY they are biting me..lol..

i dont really think that was needed. if you are careful and learn to read them there is no need to get bitten. i keep big snakes and i have to learn how to read them cause if my burm has a strop its going to end badly (for me) i will be adding a scrubbie next year along with some other tempremental snakes, and i know never to trust them. they are wild animals at the end of the day and need to be treated as such.

Hiya,

They just love you lol

i dont really think that was needed. if you are careful and learn to read them there is no need to get bitten. i keep big snakes and i have to learn how to read them cause if my burm has a strop its going to end badly (for me) i will be adding a scrubbie next year along with some other tempremental snakes, and i know never to trust them. they are wild animals at the end of the day and need to be treated as such.

Thanks!

I find him really easy to read,
I don't pick him up instead I usually encourage him onto a stick so then he is out of defensive mode and in inquisitive mode,

Then he will just explore everywhere and he is fine with being held,

Obviously as he grows with regular handling I'm hoping to either calm him down or just hook him out as an adult then pick him up

regards, emmie x

yeah i do the same with the macklots as if i put my hand in the viv im in his "zone" and im fair game but once out hes really good. the olive on the other hand has to be hooked out all the time!

This is a random question in this thread but what is a good " BIG " python to get as a first biggy?, I own two snakes ATM and both are fairly small.

I think if you get them from a young age and give them regular handling and are confident in yourself and handling techniques then they are a great snake to own. That said i have an 11ft female i have had since she was 8 months old, the previous owner didnt handle her and just BULK fed her (she was 5ft at 8 months). I can read her like a book, she is always psychotic and wants to kill me everytime i go near her.HPIM0391.jpgHPIM0392.jpgHPIM0393.jpgLOL. Heres some pics.HPIM0391.jpg

This is a random question in this thread but what is a good " BIG " python to get as a first biggy?, I own two snakes ATM and both are fairly small.

Hey mate. I suggest sticking with your smaller snakes for a year or 2 to perfect your handling techniques first. but coastal carpets get to a decent size and generally have a pretty good disposition.

Snakeman478 i mean no offence by my question......but what makes you want to keep a snake that is pychotic and that wnts to kill you all the time?She looks like a beauty but i can't grasp the stress it must be to feed,clean etc her.Do you worry about bites?

I'm like you Snakeman .My girl cannot be trusted ,she can change in the blink of an eye but what an ureal snake to own .Show them respect and you wont have problems .Get a bit slack and your in for some not so fun times with them .
IMAG0223.jpgIMAG0236.jpgIMAG0248.jpgIMAG0194 (Small).jpg

Snakeman478 i mean no offence by my question......but what makes you want to keep a snake that is pychotic and that wnts to kill you all the time?She looks like a beauty but i can't grasp the stress it must be to feed,clean etc her.Do you worry about bites?
Hey sookie. I actually prefer my snakes to be a bit on the angry side. i believe its more natural for them and also keeps me on the top of my game in regards to handling practices. As for worrying about bites, i find the more nervous you are about it the more likely it is to happen. That said i have been bitten by my old 12ft male scrubby on the hand before, but that was my own fault due to a lapse in concentration. It was a fairly serious bite that required 14 stitches and a few teeth removed. I still dont have full feeling back in my thumb and it happened 5 years agp, but hey thats part of the hobby.

I'm like you Snakeman .My girl cannot be trusted ,she can change in the blink of an eye but what an ureal snake to own .Show them respect and you wont have problems .Get a bit slack and your in for some not so fun times with them .
View attachment 193696View attachment 193695View attachment 193697View attachment 193698
Couldnt agree more Joemal. By far my favorite species of snake to own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back