Wall.E Movie

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SyKeD

Reaction score
Hey everyone

i saw this last night, and thought it was fantastic, funny too! in my opinion a must see :lol:

was just wondering who as seen this movie? and what there thoughts are on it?

Cheers,

CJ

Walleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee lol my mum has seen it but not me :) is it a childrens movie?

Walleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee lol my mum has seen it but not me :) is it a childrens movie?

Hahaha that's funny as it is a kids movie and your mum has seen it first.

I must admit... I am looking forward to watching this. The graphics look great! :)

i saw it with my folks and some mates on the weekend... and while it was funny, and entertaining, i failed to enjoy it 'allround' i mean. movies like that inevitably have some kind of 'take home message' or something, and i failed to see it here. its meant to be a kids movie but every bloody kid in the theatre was asking 'why did he do that, where are they going, why did she do that' ARGH. it was so convoluted.

and did anyone pick up on the gender positioning of the characters at all? i mean, Walle was a sentimental wimp and Eve (presumable a female robot... o_O) had a freaking GUN for an arm, come on!! I mean i thought it was good entertainment, as im not a fan of drama or political thrillers etc, but thats just going to confuse some kids!

oh and trying to figure out what kind of 'message' could be derived from that... all i got was. 'people get fat in space not because they're chowing down 24/7 as part of an obsessive, mindless, consumerist society but because they lose bone-density, and all the wrongs we do to the environment can be righted by buggering off for a few hundred years and leaving it for someone else to fix'... what the...?

Hahaha that's funny as it is a kids movie and your mum has seen it first.

I must admit... I am looking forward to watching this. The graphics look great! :)

Yeah the graphics were awesome!. You'll love it

I loved it.
He is so cute! And i love his little pet.
Worth seeing again in my opinion.
And Shooshoo, i thinks you thought about it to much lol. Its just a movie, and a cute one at that.

saw it last weekend at the drive-in, the kids were "wall.eee-ing and Eeevaa-ing" all the next day lol. was good to watch, kids liked it.

i saw this the other night, and it was awesome. i don't think a little kid could appreciate a lot of what it was about anyway, it got a bit deep. i loved it, highly recommended.

and no, im not a loser for liking a kid's movie :\

I saw it with a large group of friends on Monday. I didn't realise it was a kids' movie until I was there, the woman who suggested we go is in her 40's, the average age of our group was probably 40 something and other than one 19 year old (she seemed to enjoy it least of all of us :lol: ) I was the only one there under 30... possibly 40 :lol:

I don't think there was much of a message, it was just a soppy love story for robots (weird concept!). I enjoyed it, but more because I forced myself to :lol: The engineer in our group and some of the other guys couldn't help pointing out some of the implausibilities, but we quickly decided it was too easy :p It was about as sweet and touching as I imagine an animated robot love story can get (did I just say that? :shock: ). I thought it was the most unlikely love story possible, but then when our group went out for dinner a hideous, old, severely intoxicated woman tried to pick me up in the restaurant ( :lol: ) and suddenly robot love seemed highly likely :lol: (in case anyone is wondering, yes, I managed to refrain from getting into any action that night, much to the dissapointment of the others in my group who wanted to laugh at the funniest thing they'd ever seen :p :lol: ).

and did anyone pick up on the gender positioning of the characters at all? i mean, Walle was a sentimental wimp and Eve (presumable a female robot... o_O) had a freaking GUN for an arm, come on!! I mean i thought it was good entertainment, as im not a fan of drama or political thrillers etc, but thats just going to confuse some kids!

Dude! Eva was pretty tame, docile and harmless compared to a lot of the women I've had misadventures with! I think young boys need this type of education! :lol: I certainly could have benefitted from that sort of warning as a little kid :lol: Then again, it was giving the wrong message as there was a happy ending! ;)

In short, I quite liked it.

Sdaji, I think you take the prize for most smilies used to punctuate your post!

i saw it a few weeks ago (dont ask...) hehehe
i spent the first say.... 45 minutes going awwwwwww awwwwwww ohhhhhh awww i want oneeee awwww thats so cuteee awwwww wooooo
im way too girly when it comes to cute things :p
the story line itself i didn't really pay much attention too as i thought the characters were just so cute ^_^

The message is about how the planet is being ruined by endless and unnessecary junk that we make , sell and buy . The irony is the Wall e dolls , cups , pens etc , etc , etc that are for sale with the movie .

The message is about how the planet is being ruined by endless and unnessecary junk that we make , sell and buy . The irony is the Wall e dolls , cups , pens etc , etc , etc that are for sale with the movie .

I thought that was just cliche rather than a moral, but the irony is pretty cool! :lol: I can see a comic strip now with Wall E bots cubing up all the Wall E garbage into giant skyscrapers :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back