Wallabies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
obviously they didn't think about it. A friendly tip, always check the laws for your own state before you start getting your hopes up or arguing with people.

I dont think it is illegal to advertise aslong as they check who they are going to, licenses etc. I dunno though. I would have thought they'd have to have a disclaimer stating that although it is legal to own a wallaby in VIC it may not be in other state or something similar.

Oh ok...Now I getcha...
After I had emailed them telling them I was in NSW they said they could either get a truck to deliver them, or I would have to pick them up because the things might get stressed.

I wasn't arguing....Just giving details...

Fuscus is located in South Australia not Victoria (cleaner air :) ) and my comments apply to SA only.
What species are you wanting to get? You'll need appropiate fencing and housing before you get your animal.

ALso these ads are in the current trading post (filtered for SA only, I imagine that moving these animals interstate would be a real pain)

KANGAROO JOEYS REDS, greys and Euro, hand reared, still on bottles, 6-8 months old, $300, GO6127 TRURO 0407-18 1937

Parma Wallabies (3), 1 male, 2 females, hand reared, still bottle fed, $200 the lot. Dama Wallabies, 2 males, $50 both, G37163 MOUNT GAMBIER 08-8738 8010

RED NECK WALLABIES Miniature kangaroos (Skippy), from $150 or $350 pair LEWISTON 08-8524 3287 permit Q16604

(NOTE : I was looking in the trading post for free kittens :twisted: )

As someone who has been "Mum" to a baby agile wallaby since June when she was given to me as a 5 month old, there is definately a lot of forethought to be put into this. Apart from the legal aspects, in QLD unless you are a recognized wildlife carer National Parks will seize any animals not authorized to be in an individuals care. We have had a quite a few interesting cases along those same lines up here.
Not sure of NSW legislation, but how do you propose to obtain the special formula required to raise the joey Belinda? What happens if the joey needs special medical help? You can't expect to waltz into a vets and dance back out baby marsupial in arms if it's not legal!
Miz Squiz who is now 11 months and is a real personality and has bought us many priceless memories but the older she gets, do does her ability to be quite a wench. It is definately going to be a hard day when I send her forth.

Just curious Rina, where will you send her forth to? Im assuming a wildlife park/reserve?

Fuscus said:
(NOTE : I was looking in the trading post for free kittens :twisted: )
Oh and I wonder what destiny awaits these kittens :twisted: :twisted: :wink:

My little girl is from one of the wildlife parks up here. Mum was kicked by an eastern grey in the park and her leg was badly shattered and thus put down. Thus once I have gotten Squiz to the stage where the other macropods are more comfortable with her in their midst and she is bigger than an overnite snack for a scrubby, she will return back to the park.

At gosford RP they have an old grey roo which has a broken back and can no longer hop. She's like a V.I.P up their. She can go anywhere she wants

Rina, what did you have to do to become a qualified wildlife carer?

Belinda if ya are alloud get albino dama wallabies there the best sort

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back