wana know what bands have made an impact on your life...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 52 years old, so I haven't heard of a lot of the newer bands mentioned. One of the posts mentions "old time punk"... that'd have to be Chris Bailey and The Saints or maybe Nick Cave wouldn't it?

I grew up in Adelaide, so locals bands were Chisel, Swannee, LRB, Moonshine Jug and String Band who became the Keystone Angels then The Angels. I was a teenager in the 70's so it was all the music of that era... Beatles, Stones, Led Zep, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Who, Yes, Yardbirds, Doobies, Jackson Browne, Eagles, Linda Ronstadt, ELO, Queen, 10CC... all that stuff... plus Clapton, Dire Straits, World Party, Eurythmics, Geldoff, Blockheads, Police, Alice Cooper etc. More recently I'm impressed by Keith Urban, The Waifs, Mia Dyson, and others.

When my stepson played me Wolfmother's first CD I thought Deep Purple or Ronnie James Dio had released new material! ;-)

rod stewart, the drifters, fats domino, ccr and meat loaf, the eagles, kenny rogers, slim dusty, lee kernaghan ...........

sad upbringing in the country to blame for this :p

rise against are sweet, they are all vegans and straight edge (dont drink or do drugs)

I'm 52 years old, so I haven't heard of a lot of the newer bands mentioned. One of the posts mentions "old time punk"... that'd have to be Chris Bailey and The Saints or maybe Nick Cave wouldn't it?

I grew up in Adelaide, so locals bands were Chisel, Swannee, LRB, Moonshine Jug and String Band who became the Keystone Angels then The Angels. I was a teenager in the 70's so it was all the music of that era... Beatles, Stones, Led Zep, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Who, Yes, Yardbirds, Doobies, Jackson Browne, Eagles, Linda Ronstadt, ELO, Queen, 10CC... all that stuff... plus Clapton, Dire Straits, World Party, Eurythmics, Geldoff, Blockheads, Police, Alice Cooper etc. More recently I'm impressed by Keith Urban, The Waifs, Mia Dyson, and others.

When my stepson played me Wolfmother's first CD I thought Deep Purple or Ronnie James Dio had released new material! ;-)

il second that, they are truly all greats

Alice in chains, Pearl jam, Chilli peppers, Metalica, Pantera,Nirvana, Grinspoon,
Black label society ( all hail zakk wylde) , Lamb of god, Killswitch engage (latest album sucks), In flames,
All that remains, Slipknot, Die cast, Devil driver
Love me metal

Opeth, Metallica, Nile, Tool, Iron Maiden, Meshuggah and Dream Theater have made the biggest impact on my life.

I also enjoy some older bands such as The Beetles, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin and David Bowie.

bands for me would have to be Metallica, pantera, Sabbath, BLS, Tool, ...and the band that i first listened to in the genre of rock and roll that would have changed my life would be KISS, my mum showed me them when i was about 6 and it just got heavier from there

well, as for listening, i would have to say electro house music, as i am a DJ that is what i am requested to play. as for impact, i like bands like:
slightly stoopid
jack johnson
john buttler
the kinks
the black keys
pink floyd
the kooks
kings of leon (getting over them, over played)
josh pyke
the butterfly effect
art vs science
drapht
hilltop
bliss n eso
the herd
urthboy

and electro music:
deadmau5
jack beats
the bloody beetroots
sinden
basement jaxx
crookers
a-track
fake blood
armand van helden
armand van buren
zombie disco squad
boiz noiz
ect....:)

-La Coka Nostra
-Ill Bill
-Slaine
-Cage Kennylz
-Non Phixion
-R.A rugged man

Underground hip hop is God!

u just named some of my fav hiphop bands right there .... ill bill, non phixion ... u get much into the arsonists, dead prez, sabac red??

Some of you know that I am an 'oldie' but most will have never heard of this band:
The Easybeats
I was pleasantly 'deafened' by their music at Beatle Village in Sydney in the early 6os

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back