:( warning guys bad news

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

0bradl14

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Dubbo, New South Wales, Australia, Australia
Just received bad news from the vet my hypo bredli male was operated on to c wat was causing this lump near its cloaca I thought he was constipated but it turns out to be a absyss an after an hour an half of the vet doing his best of scrapping puss out my hypo bredli would never be able to pass stool again so after a few phone calls both to DUBBO zoo an a reptile vet on the central coast the onli option left was to put him down while he was still asleep on the table :( so guys if you notice any abnormal lumps or swelling on your snakes get them to the vet quickly as you can so as you don't run the risk of having to make the choice to put them down like I did :(

That's no fun. I had issues with quite a nice brown tree I had that a vet and I were treating with injections due to a spinal growth. Unfortunately it got worse and movement became more difficult for the animal. The ethical thing was to have the snake euthanized, which I sadly did. I understand where you're coming from. It's not a pleasant experience.

So sorry to hear that terrible news, was such a hood looking snake, my deepest condolences on your loss :(

i feel your pain, i had a snake put to sleep this week too. very hard.. :(

yeah its almost hard to come to terms that he is not coming home from the vet this time the vet an myself did all we could to help an save him but the onli option we had left was to euthanase ;( he was the gem of my collection i will miss him muchly

so sorry for your loss, i know what your going through i have lost a few animals this year. and have to go back to the vet tomorrow with 2.

good luck for tomorrow i hope everything goes according to plan an you fix your sick reptiles nothing worse then a reptile dying in my opinion especially when you become so intreuged in them an have such a big love for them like i doit makes it that much harder an i eventually want to make dealing with all sorts of reptiles my career one day but dont even no the first step into the field

I am so sorry... I cannot even imagine how hard it would be to lose an animal that you obviously deeply cared for. I adore each and every one of my scaly babies, I would be a broken girl if I lost one of them. I would never be able to cope. I just hope you can feel better soon.

Very sorry to hear your sad news.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back