was it suicide or.... was there foul play???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think it it saw somthing......bad!!!!!!!

Finally found it! I rememered when I was breeding fancy mice a couple of years ago, there was a highly recommend rodent wheel! Ok now it's called "Wodent Wheels" (http://www.transoniq.com/), and is the top of the range wheel for wodents. Mouse wheels are actually a really dangerous cage equipment as many seems to have found out. Either they were offered to Ushumgal the Reptile God, or running for the Rodent Darwin Awards, or fed-up with the constant sick jokes about them all being reptile fodder... these all seemed highly intellectual theories and highly likely, but if the wheel was safer, atleast the mouse would have died relatively whole and pretty. That's how I would like to die, whole and pretty. 8)

Forget the link above, I have found a supplier here in Australia (http://www.dapper.com.au/wheels.htm). If you do tell her how proud you are of your reptiles, keep in mind that she loves her pet rats very very much and may refuse to reply your e-mail for reasons unknown. It may seem an expensive equipment for a wodent, but I would rather that then see the occasional mutated dead bodies. May be art to some people, but I think otherwise.

thanx for that puppy!!!
i'm going to tell my work that....my poor lab rats have nothing in their cages except the toilet rolls and stuff i give them....
some of our rats are HUGE tho, much to big for thoses wheels :(

Cool, now I don't have to think up my own conspiracy theory for the day. Definitely foul play- the finches did it.

Could've been a victim of circumstance...he ran out of no doze and passed out from sleep deprivation....then the others accidently trampled him by spinning that wheel....it's a possibility?

mmmmmm it all depends!!!! Was it a he?? And, if so, was he the only male or were there others???

If so, I think it was a conspiracy cause the other males were jealous of him getting all the action :shock: and they nocked him off.

Could work the other way too if was a girl, maybe the boys thought she was a bit of a hottie and wouldn't shag the fat ugliy ones :shock: .

Anyway, definately a conspiracy if you ask me..... :wink: :lol:

i would kill myself to if i had to exercise.....

Maybe he was wheelie depwessed and took his own life.......he he he.

He was definitely a HE.

There is also no chance that he was over the limit either. It was a tea totaling rodent box. I don't even allow my rodents mobile phones!

I don't even allow my rodents mobile phones!
Geez, your a tuff nut Dave, poor little buggas, what if they get a flat and need to call for help. That's probably why the last one died, had no phone to dial 000 with. You cruel man Dave...... :twisted: :roll: :wink: :lol:

Well if there were more than one male in the same cage, chances are he would have been decapitated anyway.

Bryony, no worries! :) You tend to have to start the rats at a real young age for them to start running on wheels though. Get a tennis ball (or some other ball of some kind that doesn't stink as much), and cut out three round holes in them. Put some peanut butter or other treats in them and they'll go crazy. Keeps them preoccupied. Chuck in some cardboard boxes, they love those. Put in newspaper for them to shred (gets a bit messy when newspaper + rat pee takes over the cage tho). Those see-through balls which you open up and put the rat in to let them run around the room don't work. They just sit there.

can't alter their diets.....laboratory standards have to be followed....but we can have environmental enrichments....like boxes

I think he had the sixth sense.............

Can I tell you something.........................I see miceys..............I see dead miceys...................They are everywhere...................but they dont know they are dead.....................

I know that this might sound sick but he wasnt a fan of michael hutchence was he............lol......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back