Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

markars

Reaction score
I read a post on here a while go( I think!) and someone mentioned that they wash their dragons regulary. How does one do this and what do they use and why? I just got two adult frill necks and they are a bit stinky and want to wash them but i am worried that it will stress them too much. Do people soak them and refer to it as washing or do they bust out the sponge and the bubble bath and a chamois after? or should i just mist them heavy the first time i spray them? Opinions please.

Mark.

I just put them in some warm water and let them have a paddle about and if needed rud any dirty areas with my hand.Bath time is'nt usually that long as the warm water tends to loosen the bowls

luke warm water for about 30mins every coulple of weeks is what i do

Perfect.... If they are actually dirty you can run them under luke warm water from the tap however this method is only easy if you have introduced it from hatchling. as soon as they have pooped you can take them out and if they want more time give them a clean bath (some also like to drink and swim under the water)

OK so it seems like a swim and a quick rinse rather than a full on bubble bath. I just found out about the loose bowels and warm water thing. I think my bath tub requires some serious domestos and maybe a gernie. I am lucky i have an understanding partner!

I just keep them in enclosures that arnt full of crap and if on the odd occasion one walks through fresh poo i clean it off with wet paper towels. In about 13 years of keeping dragons i would have needed to clean one about 3 times.

yeah i have never had the occasion too wash a dragon before but i just got my new friends and like i said they were pretty stinky! the cage they came from looked clean as a whistle but the frillies stank.Cant say i have ever smelt a frill neck so i cannot judge them may be they all stink! will keep you posted.
as a last resort i will throw a tin of roll on in for them to use:p

I keep Frill necks too and I provide a water dish big enough for them to have a bit of a swin in. For the Adults I use a cat litter tray and half fill it, my male LOVES his water dish and is there regulary. I beleive you when you say they stink, they can be a bit smelly!!! Just keep the enclosure clean and bath them every now and then.

Like Adam, I provide a water dish big enough for them to swim in. They get into at least once a day, have a soak and then scratch off any dead skin while they're in there. Yes, they poo in it everyday, sometimes two or three will get in it at once and all poo.

So, be ready to change the water fast or you'll end up with soup.

Here are some pictures of one of mine having a swim.

Mine also like to be hosed.

i occassionally fill the bath tub up to the level of the beardys arm pits with warm water and let them swim around in it.
it cleans them well especially if they are a bit smelly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back