WAT MUSIC R U INTO

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: RE: WAT MUSIC R U INTO

Kersten said:
shamous1 said:
Any music from classical, 70's 80's 90's etc etc.

But metal is the best by far in our household. Bands such as Anarion (from Broady in Vic), Maladiction (Vic), Disturbed, Godsmack, Korn. Anything that is loud. Nothing like getting the guitar out and cranking up the amp as well. Lucky we don't have neighbours. The kids love the music that I like (luckily for them).
Sounds exactly like my house....umm with the exception that Korn has been banned by the BHB. Noooo Korn here. But thankfully for the kids they love Satyricon and Rammstein just as much as they love the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Hi 5 (now THERE'S a combination for you :wink: ) Long and short of it is we listen to anything at anytime.

Very much a mood thing I find, I'd be hard pressed to pick a favourite genre much less a favourite band. Kris on the other hand likes anything that sounds like someone is either dying or speaking from the grave. So needless to say the car is a strictly metal zone. At the moment it's mainly Fear Factory, Machine Head, Devil Driver, Slipknot, Mushroomhead blah blah blah. The neighbours love it when Kris has a 6am start and the cd player kicks in as soon as he starts the car :lol:

I forgot about Rammstein, Slipknot, Fear Factory to name a few. They are all on the cd in my wifes car, much to her annoyance, I think.

She know who the boss is. No it's not me it's the kids when it comes to music in the car. :x

RE: Re: RE: WAT MUSIC R U INTO

No it's not me it's the kids when it comes to music in the car.
Tell me about it....my kids almost managed to kill my desire to listen to the Chili Peppers. They had a scheme going in the mornings where they'd creep up to my bedroom door and close it and then Niamh would put on the greatest hits dvd and so every morning I'd wake up to find them watching it. There's something very disturbing about a 5 year old girl singing "kiss me please pervert me" and "slit my throat it's all I ever"....mind you that was nothing compared to the time she becamse obsessed with System of a Down and sang the lyrics from Chop Suey! to a couple of little old ladies at Woolies :lol:

Fear Feactory and Devil Driver are coming to Luna Park this month! Hurry not many tickets left.

Spewing I'll be in Queensland when they play Sydney. We also have Killswitch Engage, Lamb of God, Ministry and more I can't think of right now coming next month (also nearly sold out apparently). I just finished listening to Machine Head's entire collection now its time for some Meshuggah I think.

My boys sing "Disturbed - The Game" If you know that song it gets pretty bad toward the end and they started singing it when their grandma was over. Needless to say I copped it from my mum who thought that I had taught them the wrong words. This comes from a lady who used to come to school discos when they played "The Angels - Am I ever gonna see you face again" and the crowd shouted"No way..... well you know the rest. :wink:

Midnight Oil, Weddings Parties Anything, Spy V Spy, Hunters & Collectors, Died Pretty, ACDC, Angels, Crowded House, Split Enz, Talking Heads, Australian Crawl, Dragon...

Tof

Lol I know that one well Shamous :wink: ....my mum has given up worrying about the music thing. I think there's only so many times you can be shocked before it wears off and a state of apathy takes over :lol:

I don't know why this popped into my head Rennie, but since you like Machine Head and Ministry then I'd suggest (if you haven't heard them already) that you listen to Ministry's "Lay Lady Lay" and Machine Head's "Message in a Bottle"....there's something kinda cute (in a twisted way) about metal bands covering Donovan and the Police :lol:

Some classic Aussie bands there Tof. Have to agree with you on most of them.

I love a good cover song, have you heard Slayer's Undisputed Attitude? Some great punk covers.

I don't think I have but I've no doubt it's in the depths of Kris' cd collection which I'm still slowly making my way through. Now here I'll show my true twistedness and say that after god knows how long I still love Sid Vicious' version of My Way :lol:

Definately check it out.
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know who covered who's version of Hurt, NIN or Jonny Cash? I only recently saw Jonny Cash's version on Rage and I was sure Trent wrote it before but now I'm not so sure....

I'm 99% positive that it was a Reznor original and Cash covered it.

I thought so, thanks. They're both great songs!

good thread! I wondered what kind of stereotypes reptile lovers would fall into..and obviously..None! Hooray for individuality!

I like alternative, drum n bass, electro, rave...... hmm.. house SOMEtimes..if I can dance to it. :)

I like everything from Pink Floyd to Anna Nalick, to A Perfect Circle, to The Waifs, Roxette (hehe). Love the blues, rock, folk music. The tea party are also one of my favourites. I love music that grooves, i have been playing bass guitar for 8 years now so love playing funk and soul music, love jazz. Thats all i can think of at this ungodly hour of the morning.

Cheers
Emz

Hmmm where to start? Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Neil Young, Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, The Doors, Santana, Tommy Emmanuel, etc etc ya get the idea lol

Im into anything really R & B is mostly my fave and rap im a big big fan of the Chilli Peppers and cant wait to see them as there coming out soon i hear

I'm totally into anything you can dance too... I even DJ a wee bit... :) here's a mix I did at a party not to long ago (I think it says may, but i believe it was june... party party party....)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0V5GJAD1

It's just over a full CD long... starts off with classic dance moving to harder trance to hardstyle to commercial... enjoy!

Looks like everyone is into some good tunes. I have'nt seen anybody say they like, "Wham, Boy Geroge & Culture Club, Pseudo Echo etc". Only joking I love Boy George (well his habits anyway). :lol:

I like alot of different genre of music. Used to hate jazz but now I can tolerate it. Love alot of guitar stuff like Brett Garsed, Andy Timmons, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Derek Trucks, John Petrucci, etc. Love the old stuff from AC/DC, 80's metal, etc. Also Evanescence, Nickelback, Creed, some Hendrix, Zeppelin, Metallica, through to Keith Urban and Troy Cassar-Daley.

Re: RE: Re: RE: WAT MUSIC R U INTO

Rennie said:
Definately check it out.
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know who covered who's version of Hurt, NIN or Jonny Cash? I only recently saw Jonny Cash's version on Rage and I was sure Trent wrote it before but now I'm not so sure....

Trent first, johnny second buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back