water dragon feeding help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi mate
I only feed my Water dragons vip dog roll the chicken variety they eat this from the start as hatchlings right through to adults
cheers

My two won't touch greens or fruit at all, they get mostly mince meat with wombaroo reptile supplement, crickets (but only occasionally because the crickets like to drown themselves and they won't eat them when they're dead), woodies and occasionally mealworms. The other day I was eating sausages and I thought i'd see if they liked it, they almost took my fingers off to get it! Loved it!

We actually use cat food, only ever beef dine though. Because we always had so many lizards, we'd pre-chop the veggies (broccoli, cabbage and carrot), and just take servings of the veggies out of the container and mix it with the servings of cat food before we left for work.

It's been a while since we had the water dragons but I recently got another bearded who's a year old and never eaten veggies or meat before. He was only fed pellets and crickets. He didn't like the idea of my mixed food at first but now he scoffs it down so fast I'll have to make sure he doesnt eat too much.

cooked sausage or raw and where they just normal ones

cooked, and it was the honey flavoured ones from safeway. I can't imagine they would have been very good for them, so I wouldn't make it a staple, but they sure enjoyed it as a treat. Mine have also been known to get slivers of roo, and pinky mice or rats (but I have to cut up the rats or they won't eat them, they precious darlings)

Mate mine absolutely LOVE fruit&veg! no matter how big or small the pieces are they just chomp the stuff to bits! Here is some examples of what i feed my water dragons: broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, mango, berries, grapes, strawberries, cantelope, apple and heaps more. the insects/meatier food that mine eat are pinkie rats/mice, crickets, butterflies, flies, slugs, beetles, spiders.....and anything else that crawls into their outdoor enclosure :D I started mine on fruit&veg when they were fairly little...i hid crickets in the veggies and when they grabbed the cricket theyd get a mouthfull of fruit or veg with it! so i guess thats how they worked out thats its good eating lol

Yeh to get my beardie to eat veges I just stirred him up until he acutaly bit the veg and started munching, Now he smashes it down but while I am not around the little bugger. I have just got 2 5 week old EWD hatchies that are still far to small to feed veges but I will have to see if that trick will work again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back