Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

diamondtooth

Reaction score
i have often seen different species of reptiles and amphibians kept together in enclosures, at r
eptile parks,zoos etc. how do you know what can be kept together? trail and error or research.
:oops:

Its not all that hard to work out. Ask yourself would one of the animals be part of the other animals diet, are they found in similar environments etc. I dont think water dragons and waterpythons could be kept together. Either one could eat the other.

Research is better then trial and error, that way you would have learnt from someone else's mistake and loss of animal:D

If you are asking about keeping water dragons with water pythons the answer would be no, unless you wanted an expensive feed for your python. I wouldn't think there would be much you could keep a python with but some lizards will happily co-inhabit an enclosure if it is properly designed.

</IMG>

Not a dumb question mate. Perhaps the example you gave was a bit unrealistic but other species, for example Olive & carpet may be a relevant question. Of course, th eOlive, if big enough, will also eat a carpet snake.

But yeah, think about what each animal would eat in the wild. You also need to think about the aggression of each animal. For example, male dragons can be very aggressive towards each other and other animals. so its not just diet you have to worry about but also if one animal will beat the crap out of another.

could you keep a water dragon and 2 blueys in a 4 ft long 3ft wide 4ft high tank?

could you keep a water dragon and 2 blueys in a 4 ft long 3ft wide 4ft high tank?

nope

water dragons get 3ft easy and need atleast a 5ft tank or outdoor enclosure

i herd u can keep gts and turtle in the same tank, i keep my gippsland water dragon in with my turtles, they seem to get along...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back