Water Dragons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freakish13

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I got some Water Dragons (2 EWD and 1 Gippy) a guy that just could not afford them anymore so i grab them...
Since i have had them (around a month the will only eat mealworms) because thats all they had been feeding them, I have put crickets in with them and they do eat a few but they will not have and fruit or veg...Any help would be great...

Mine won't touch most fruit and veg. The bigger one will sometimes, but much prefers meat (including insects), and my special guy Stompy won't have a bar of them. I offer them occasionally, but don't bother most of the time, they both seem healthy and happy. I figure that while a captive animal is vastly different in most aspects to a wild one, some aspects are comparable, for example, in the wild, no one's going to be forcing a water dragon to eat their veggies, and they're usually just fine.

I give mine Woodies mostly, and occasionally crickets, mealworms, scraps of roo meat, chicken, pretty much anything really. I was having a sausage roll the other day and Not Stompy was eyeing it off real bad, so I offered him a bit (on tongs, otherwise the bastard goes for my fingers over whatever I'm holding), he SMASHED it! I was quite surprised. I wouldn't give them crap like that as a staple, but mine's not exactly fussy!!
Someone else suggested (which I have tried successfully) to run some fruit/veg through a blender and mix with high quality dog food (I used science diet tinned). That worked well, I've actually frozen it into cubes and just grab a couple out of the freezer every now and then.

you can also offer them (as with most lizards) some scrambled eggs,

My Beardie likes boiled eggs...Havent tried it with them yet and and might give tong feeding tomorrow and see how i go...Do you guy feed any other meats other then what disintergratus listed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back