Wats up with this site

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ackie

Reaction score
hi ppl, just thinkn bak how this site used to be all about reptiles, now its startn to be mainly about URLs and crap like that. No wonder why steve left. I hav talked to other members of APS and they feel the same way. (i wont mention any names). Anyway i reckon that we should go bak to the good old days and talk snakes, not stupid URLs being posted where ya get to see dead ppl and crap like that. Anyway this is a reminder that this site is supposed to be about reptiles, and slateman if ya wanna attract more members go bak to how it was. :?
All who agree say "I"

I
i agree with what you have said their ackie. i am sure it was better then when i joined, but when i joined the site was excelent and there was none of these extras that we got these days.
i think that the problem members should be banned or else the site will start to loose more members like STP.
just my opinion here

Well, people are free to talk about whatever they want in the "Chit Chat" forum, however I agree, there is no point in our site without a good reptile based backbone, the problem probably lies in the fact that there is only so many things you can talk about and once it has been said, that's it :D

:)

Yes, I was thinking the same thing just this morning. The majority of the posts have been in everything but the snake forum, which is a bit sad, considering the name of the site. However, there have been a healthy number of posts in Herp Help and Exotics/Other Reptiles, so I don't think it's too bad.

However, we can't control where people post their comments. The APS discussion forum is necessary, and SJ created the Chit Chat section because people were chatting about non-snake related stuff in the snake forum.

We can't just ban people without good reason! There have been bans where we have had no choice, and we aren't going to ban someone unless they blatantly break the rules after warnings.

So.... what do you suggest we do??? We want this to be a fun and informative place to meet. It drifts off sometimes, but usually comes around again. Any constructive suggestions would be appreciated.

I think theres a good and bad side, I agree with what Lutzd said, but I think it's good that we can socialize with the other members and become friends. Maybe there should be another discussion forum created JUST for chit chat, and the threads don't appear on the left hand side column. Just my opinion.

I started this community and as Africa will agree with me ( he is the oldest member here) we always talk lot of rubish about ewerything. This site is not only about reptiles this site is lot about friendship and general chitchat.
Look at the statistic my friends and you will find out that month july was bigest turn on this site ewer experienced. We had 236 thousands page wiews. This is about ten times more than when we started. Looks like most of people like this site as is and we are doing good job.
If you like to talk herp only please stay in forums created for herp discusions. I hope that you realise this thread you started is in chit chat and chit chat always will be used by people who like to chit chat. This site is for everybody. So please people be tolerant and let us mags and idiots to use this chit chat forum and have bit of fun. Not all people live by herping only.
Ackie and Morelia man i hope that this is fair enough. If i can't have bit of fun and humor with people who are interested, i would loose my self , and that would be end of slatey.

this is what it says on the scrolling thing on the left atm
whos breeding what?
What part Of Australia does the Eastern Bearded Dragon live
does any one sleep?
slateman's pic of the week
congratulations to our scape goat greebo
yaaaaaaaaaaay
Bothrochilus fuscus
sydney get together
whats up with this site?
blotched blueys?
CC's website
new chat arrangements
cya folks
monitor help
pogona barbatus
i am just saying that less then half of these actually have anything to do with reptiles

Morelia i dont think banning is a very good way to stop ppl posting crap...a warning should be enough. Slateman why do u think ratings are so important, are u making profit from this site?I reckon that we are better off havn our down to earth friend, steve bak instead of gettin sum crappy ratings up. Besides, how many members are there...its not like we hav a tiny amount.

So don't read them if you are not interested. I agree 100% with what Slatey had to say. Reptile related topics always get talked about when they are posted but they have to be posted don't they? I for one am not going to make up reptile related questions just for the sake of it, and, as I enjoy the online company of most of the members here I post my garbage in chit chat etc and will continue to do so. If you want more herp related posts then come up with some sensible questions or topics and I am sure there will be plenty of replies and discussion on it.
Also I believe if you look at any herp site over a full year the herp questions and topics go in sync with the actual seasons. i.e. when the hobby is in it's most active months then more people have more problems and queries etc so the number of herp related posts go UP. In the quieter less active times then the posts go DOWN accordingly.
Just my opinion of course and probably worth nothing but in keeping with my character I wanted to say it so I said it :)
Just one more thing before I go and it is directly aimed at the Slates and the Mods of this site....... You are doing a great job guys and gal, just keep on doing it exactly as you are and if we should lose members along the way then it is their loss not yours so don't fret too much about it.
Just keep on keeping on my friends! :) :)

So i should be banned because i tried to get a laugh out of you guys after all this shyte that has happened over 3 weeks or so ? I mean yes this is a reptile site but some of us have become friends and even though we share the hobby of reptiles we have to relate in other areas aswell. You cant tell me that you relate to your friends better if they are more knowledgable in the area of reptiles. I bet your answer is NO. You have to have laughter, you got to have some (not alot i agree alot of these posts are stupid but not my URL of the week :lol:) etc.
How can it be a community if we cant even react like we do normally (school work etc.)
So dont deprive us of that otherwise this community will fall.

just what i think

I couldnt agree with you more Jeremy, Well said.

Being a newby here I thought I'd chuck in "My two cents" ~ I'm enjoying this site alot, it's the bestsite of anykind I've been on, mostly because people here DO have something meaningful to say nomatter what its about!! Thats a big plus in my book. Have you ever listened in on some sites? people just spurt a load of pure gibberish at oneanother, no fun at all. As slateman jnr said, there is only so much you can say bout your snake/lizard etc then you become repetitive! So just for the "hardcore " herpers, heres herp related info~ my coastal carpet shat 9 days ago and it stank! lol, aint that fascinating!!! :roll:

i'm only new here and the fact that there is a chit chat room i think that is excactly what should go on.If it's reptiles you're after read the link for snakes etc.This is for us who have made friends (although the only guy that i knew personally just left, STP) and i don't want to be the next.So keep on chit chatting and talk shyte if it needs be.

I find this all a little bit funny.

Face it its a web site that people don't pay for (except for Slatey and family-thanx guys) that is incredibly useful and people think that if a new person posts its the end of the world!

Guys/girls get a grip! Yes we have differing opinions and we don't like/agree with but then again there are a lot of people who give their opinions that people find really helpful.

There are a lot of people here: newbies, not so newbies and vastly experienced people on this site. They all have had opinions that I have appreciated and have made me think "Yeah thats a good point....I can use that". That includes the newbies who ask questions that I hadn't thought about and the owners of snakes that I have no true interest in at the moment.

I have also met some great people in person who have introduced me to their families and their snakes :lol: and have had even better fun chewing the fat over all the stuff that we discuss on the site.

People just stop and think what you are doing by making personal/derogatory remarks as they don't impress people and they show other people what you are really like and its not often pretty.

Once again to Slatey/ Slatey Jr, Lutzy and Nicole and all the moderators and helpers who make the site run smoothly thank you from me.

Cheers Glen Hawkins (aka Hawkeye)

although i may regret sum of the things i hav now sed, it is to late to apologise, i do not mean to offend everyone and these ppl know that, but i am gonna stick with wat i hav sed that this site is nowhere near as good as it used to be. Mabey the attiiude tonight has sumthing to do with wat might hav happened in the last 12 months and wen this happens ppl are sumtimes so pissed off that they take anger out on other ppl without thinkin of consequences or how this might effect other ppl. so to tell ya the truth i am not really like this it is just sumthan that is almost uncontrolable wen ya hav so much anger building up inside u until one day ya cant hold it in and let it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back