Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez that's a nice bhp that first one....it's a real shame at the amount of reptiles killed by vehicles every single day and they have feral cats,dirty rotten cane toads in a huge part of the country as well as cats etc it's bloody horrible actually :evil:

I see 3 - 5 snakes and run over per month where I live. It upsets me greatly. :cry:

The people running them over better hope I don't see them do it intentionaly. :evil:

It's such a shame. How many are running them over intentionaly. I would say most. :cry:

It's heartbreaking to see them like that. I'd get my wannabe V8 sideways anyday for a reptile.

Simone.

Living in another herp paradise, I also see MANY roadkills.

I have been trying too collect large king browns for almost a year now, and everytime I find any, they are roadkilled. Same goes for the pygmys I have been trying too collect for ages, always roadkilled, usually by the car in front of me.

The last 6 BHPs I have seen have been Roadkilled. Same as the last 3 olives, last 2 carpets, and the last four BTS.

I think un-herp friendly people should be given their own, unpaved highway, leaving the blacktop highways for us herpers ;)

BROWNS said:
Geez that's a nice bhp that first one....it's a real shame at the amount of reptiles killed by vehicles every single day and they have feral cats,dirty rotten cane toads in a huge part of the country as well as cats etc it's bloody horrible actually :evil:

When you think of it like that it's quite alarming really. If it wasn't for diehard fans of herps in general, it'd be a safe bet to suggest that the endangered listings would be considerably longer.

Brodie_W said:
. Same goes for the pygmys I have been trying too collect for ages, always roadkilled, usually by the car in front of me.

Not many perthensis up that way mate.

pygmy king browns i think he is talking about westaussie.

That I am ricko!

Pythons? pfffffffffffffffffffffffft

Westaussie,
My dad did a drive from South Aussie to Sydney, he was coming down a road wher ehe said he never saw another car for over 45 minutes. He counted over 50 Shinglebacks that had been run over. He believed that it was done deliberately. He found one lying on the road waiting for it's squashed mate to start moving again. So poor Daddy stopped for everyone he saw picking them up and putting them off the road. Took him 13 hours to get from Adelaide to to Hay in NSW cos he was stopping to check on roadkill.
So sad.

Simone.

hate to see dead snakes on roads, there are some little teapots out there

i have thought many time of using the idea suggested in richard shines book, find a dead snake, put nails in it and put it just of the road were people can see it and the only chance of hitting it is when they try to kill it :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back