website down all the time

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclamen

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hi guys, i know this has been asked before. but i cant remember now what was said.
but, the website has been down for the most of 2 days now. is it just my connection or is everyone else havin the same problem. i am having withdrawl symptons..
why is it down all the time mods....do u know ??
any help would be great. cheers.
mel. :D

Hi megalea
I couldn't get in until lunch time yesterday and when i tried last night i couldn't then. I know what you mean about withdrawls, its shocking.
Pav

It's not just you thats having trouble, iv'e had times where I can't get in for hours.

there was a storm in brissy which knocked out the network hence why not many could get in i think thats wat happened yesterday also due to the storms brissy has been having :D

Well my suggestion to the mods would be to have a backup server just for the case of the one in brizzy goin out and yes if this does cost then pass it onto the members.. KISS

Yeh

hi guys, i know this has been asked before. but i cant remember now what was said.
but, the website has been down for the most of 2 days now. is it just my connection or is everyone else havin the same problem. i am having withdrawl symptons..
why is it down all the time mods....do u know ??
any help would be great. cheers.
mel. :D

I know how you feel Mel. Surprising how much you miss the site when it's down.

Lacemonitor has an excellent suggestion. I'm an advocate of the KISS principal.

Last edited:
ive had the same problem the last too days.
it takes longer too load. then it says cannot find server.
i felt i was missing out. lol

yes it is a bit annoying....this is the second time in like a week or 2...if this is gonna be happenin every couple of weeks then i agree they should get a backup server...lol

just wondering has any information been lost?

because i cant seem to find some of the old posts or maybe im just not looking right?

I have a mate that is getting into herps and I suggested to him to have a look on APS for info. He doesn't think this forum exists as every time in the last few days he has tried to access it he could not! I don't know about the storm bit though, I am a shiftworker (in a power station by the way) and was on 7pm till 7am the other night and the site was down all that time. I can't really imagine the power being down for the full 12 hours (but it is Brissy I suppose!!) :lol:

This probably out of APS's control as I doubt they own their own hosting company, but most hosting companies have a decent setup with backup generators (and sometimes backup, backup generators). Going down for so long sounds cheap and nasty to me. First thing I'd do is change hosting companies.....just a matter of APS finding one reasonably priced.

Although the regulars will stick around, if it keeps occuring they WILL loose some members and it will be impossible to keep new members......

Hope it stays up for a while now.

I'm a newbie but fully intend staying around. It definitely is an annoyance, but life is full of annoyances. Are power outages a common problem in Brisbane?

What's even more annoying is that people are buying subscriptions, and paying for the privilage of advertising animals, and the money generated is supposed to be to helping with the running costs of the site.

buck i totally agree, i am a subscriber and i have had adds going that i havent been able to view. its little set backs that make things difficult especially when you are trying to contact people who are interested in what you have to sell but cant notify them because the server is down.

oooh. i havnt been able to get on. and now i can. and lots of people have replied. thank you to everyone. i am glad i aint the only one.
talk about withdrawl symptons. jeeze !!!
i hav being going insane watching the wiggles for two days :D

Well my suggestion to the mods would be to have a backup server just for the case of the one in brizzy goin out and yes if this does cost then pass it onto the members.. KISS

Good one mate. Members support don't cover half of the site costs.
I think we have to cope with occasional downtime like any other site.

if you get rid of some of the old posts and threads it would run more efficiently.
most other sites i visit dont have the same problems... i hope you guys can get it sorted.

if you get rid of some of the old posts and threads it would run more efficiently.
most other sites i visit dont have the same problems... i hope you guys can get it sorted.

how do u no that is the problem
i think it was the chat that was making all the problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back