Weird Method?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's barbaric.
Reminds me of a joke though.........

Two pythons are crawling along together , one turns to the other & asks " are we venomous?"
to which his freind answers 'No' .
The first python says " Thank god for that coz I just bit my bottom lip".:)

no they wouldn't be as the venoms are proteins the snakes will have imunity to that protein they produce 9which will be identical to others from their species)

I have read that occasionally an elapid can die from self envenomation, but only if it bites itself somewhere such as the spine, brain or heart

id like to see how a snake could bite its own brain! lol

You only have to look at the way a monitor dispatches a snake to see the whip crack in action!

The twisted length of fencing wire is a very common way cockies use to kill snakes around the yard, a six foot length of 1 inch poly pipe is another

Try the old way that the Aboriginals use........
Put the head in your mouth, grab the body and pull until it cracks......
One dead snake ready to clean and eat......
Seen on doco years ago maybe with Albe Mangles using brown snakes and RBBS......

mmmm have seen some idiot do the whip crack thing, head came clean off.
not sure how it worked but it did, was an interesting yet very saddening thing to have seen.

Try the old way that the Aboriginals use........
Put the head in your mouth, grab the body and pull until it cracks......
One dead snake ready to clean and eat......
Seen on doco years ago maybe with Albe Mangles using brown snakes and RBBS......

lol make sure u dont put its head in ur mouth if ur not holding it firmly, ude have a nasty brown biting ur tongue lips and face before u could pull it. must take some skill

As for tiger Snakes in the longreach area.....Downs Tiger Snakes...Pseudechis colletti...better known to herps as Collett's Snakes.

Hence why I dislike common names

As for death by one snake to another..I have seen a collett's kill a western brown

and I have seen one copperhead bite another which took about 4 weeks to recover (massive swelling, bleeding at bite site etc)

I have had female adders bite males on introduction for mating with little (small amount of swelling that subsides within 4 hrs) to nil effect.

There is fairly well known case of a taipan biting itself at Eric Worrell's Park in the early 70's from mem that died, however it is believe that it died from the fang puncturing the heart as opposed to the envenomation.

Cheers,
Scott Eipper

how cruel a way to kill a snake either way...why not just chop its head off with a shovel like most people, least that kills them right away. makes me sick how some people are with animals. but anyways, no snakes are immune to their own venom and some snakes are even immune to other snakes venom, some animals are too, like the meercat or the african badger, it knocks them out but doesnt kill em, pretty cool
It doesn't kill them straight away actually.. Due to the snakes anatomy (I think it has something to do with it's nerves being "slower"...?) They stay alive a long time after you cut their head off. Mate's dad got bitten by a snakes head 10 minutes after he cut it off the body.

It doesn't kill them straight away actually.. Due to the snakes anatomy (I think it has something to do with it's nerves being "slower"...?) They stay alive a long time after you cut their head off. Mate's dad got bitten by a snakes head 10 minutes after he cut it off the body.

LOL! apparently snakes are equipped with karma crumple zones! Well now i just dont know what to think, its all just cruel and pointless!

you dont get tiger snakes out at longreach, they are collet snake's or comonly refer to as DOWNS TIGER, which are a member of the Black snake family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back