weird snakes :0

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
cause the bredli is in a click clack in the big enclosure as the stimmie ( stimmie roams around and the bredli is in her clikc clack ) so reckon give him 3 weaner mice?? cause the stimi doesnt eat more than 1 weaner shes generally happy with one but the bredli just wants to keep eating
move on to rats or its gunna cost u big time...dont delay

just leave it for now but u really need to look to the future and they can be a problem to change....saying that Bredli r well known to change easily (depending on the snake)...my Nearly 2 yr old eats Large Rats / day old chicks and full grown Quail....and the odd thrown in mouse cause me stimis r a pain to feed lol.....now she a good size and healthy ive put her on a diet only feeding fortnightly and plenty of runs around the garden
When i say move on to rats its cause if i fed mice to my bredli it would require about 15/20 a week....work that out of yur bank account:p

how is it 15/20 a week??? dont u feed em every 5-10 days?? and if i feed them 2 weaner mice each feed thats around 5 bux

- - - Updated - - -

how is it 15/20 a week??? dont u feed em every 5-10 days?? and if i feed them 2 weaner mice each feed thats around 5 bux

my bredli is taking rat pups and he's an 11 month old, so is my jungle...if you delay like ozmid said you will have to feed like 20 mice but only 1 rat! Bredlis aren't fussed really, they take whateva they can get their gob around!
yours should be fine eating rat pups as well

just peeped in and the stimmie is eatting while my bredli is just stairing at the stimmie.. i gave my bredli 2 weaner mice yday and is about 9 months old do they generally eat more than that ?

Should be AT LEASt on velvet mice at that age! Like I said start feeding rat pups earlier so you don't have the problem switching over from mice to rats when your bredli gets older

- - - Updated - - -

An adult Bredli of 3 yrs would not think twice of eating 300+gms of rodent or similar in a feed...(thats a lota mice)....me mates eats rabbits like they going outa fashion ..............U dont buy a snake not knowing that its guna eat u out of home...i got 2 dogs and they r way cheaper to feed and i only got 5 snakes (1 on the way etc etc etc) so 6!!...Lucky i buy in bulk!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

will doo :D maybe ill do that next feed :D hahah as for my stimmie would be on weaner mice for a bit i dont understand why they are soo fussy when it comes to eatting
U will find out spesh where u live.........sent u a PM if ya want answers ill do there

- - - Updated - - -

This is OFF Thread but helping Chris out regarding Bredli needs...sry PPS cause u would have seen um before

8189484723_55a8ceaf58.jpg

8190568120_f11f33a1bd.jpg

8213251306_97e901c8cb.jpg

YES i Know just had her dinner LOL
Alsdo chris dont wry about ambient temps with bredli....in nthe wild its freezing at night ....do some research bud

Last edited:

- - - Updated - - -

if it is costing you 5 bucks for 2 weaner mice you are getting them from the wrong place, get in contact with Brian Barnett from "the herp shop" cheapest mice and rats going round. Weaner mice are like 80c each

CR, your third comment re: the snake not recognising a rodent as food if it's not warm is not quite true. Smell and sight also play a big part in food detection for pythons - if you offered a snake a piece of plastic warmed to 35-40C, and completely devoid of rodent odour, I wonder it if would go for it? I have several snakes here that will take room temp (cool or cold) rodents without fail. Certainly temperature contributes to the appeal of food, but captive bred snakes are used to a wide variation in feeding techniques, and seem to survive OK.

Temperature is just a parameter that may be worth considering for fussy eaters.

Jamie

Ok, then, how about.... pythons seem to recognise FASTER that the rat is something yummy to eat if it is at a warner temperature? Either way (or whatever:rolleyes:) one of my macs is more fussy about the temp of the rat.... perhaps this information might help the op....

Sure, the snake will prolly find a cold rodent on the floor of the enclosure eventually and eat it.... but if you want more instant response/recognition, in my opinion.... warm it up :)

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Because if you weigh your snake and feed it 20% of its body weight as a feed every 5-7 days, that might be 1 rat or 5 mice (for example) usually it is cheaper to buy 1 rat than say 5 mice, to make up the weight of the feed ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back